I'm struggling

Options
2»

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    If you're down to your last 20lb then yes 1lb per week is more suitable. It may take a little longer but you will hold onto more muscle whilst you are losing.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    How are you counting...there is no meal plan or diet that would/should ever recommend eating less than 3 reasonable meals per day.

How many calories would you estimate for the day using the porridge, chicken, and rice scenario. Show your math and don't forget to include any snacks or beverages, no matter how innocuous they may seem.
  • Jayj180894
    Jayj180894 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I just weigh everything around 191-250 brekky whether or not I have a banana lunch is usually between 0-200 kcal depending on whether I have ot or not usually have around 500 kcal for tea also my protein shake which is 220 and then any snack
  • Jayj180894
    Jayj180894 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Beverages I only ever drink zero kcal monster, black coffee or water
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    Jayj180894 wrote: »
    I just weigh everything around 191-250 brekky whether or not I have a banana lunch is usually between 0-200 kcal depending on whether I have ot or not usually have around 500 kcal for tea also my protein shake which is 220 and then any snack

This is not enough food! Eat more. This is why you feel like *kitten*!

You may think this is a good idea for weight loss, but does having no energy, your hair falling out, your nails snapping from being so brittle and sallow skin sound attractive? Because they are some of the short term effects of under-eating. Long term you risk organ damage!

Do you want to be skinny or slimmer and healthy?

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Jayj180894 wrote: »

How much have you lost so far and how quickly? Being on your feet for 8 hours a day/5 days a week will definitely help to offset some of the lost gym time. I wouldn't worry about it too much and would instead make sure that you're losing weight in healthy and controlled manner, even if it take a little longer.

I have to assume that you're running a calorie deficit based on what you posted. That alone will drive weight loss, even without factoring in exercise or activity level. That said, I still think that you're eating way too little. What are your targets and planned deficit right now?