Do you eat pizza every week?

Options
rikkejanell2014
rikkejanell2014 Posts: 312 Member
edited June 2017 in Food and Nutrition
If you are able to fit it in your calories? I do once a week. 1 slice of fresh prepared cheese pizza at whole foods is 235 calories. I know I fit the calories into my deficit but I always feel like when eating things like pizza or a fried chicken sandwich from chick fila ( which is 440 calories) that I'm hauling my weight loss. Anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Do fit it into your calories? If so then it shouldn't hurt your weight loss.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it every week but I like to go out on weekends to nicerish restaurants so I save my calories for that... if it fits your calories and macros nothing wrong with having pizza weekly
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Just about. I had a couple slices of Papa Johns (the only national chain I'll eat) Hawaiian BBQ two nights ago.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes I do.
  • tlanger251
    tlanger251 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    no way! I guess I could eat pizza if I just ate the toppings, but I haven't reconciled with that yet. No crust with tomato sauce in the world is going to fit into my 23 grams of carbs a day..
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I can't live without my pizza,however I've grown to love thin crust,frozen pizza so I can keep an eyeball on the calories and buy the small ones to limit myself but I do still eat from the chains just not as many slices and not as often
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I make pizza from scratch as often as I have time. At least once every two weeks, more if I can. I also make flat bread pizzas on occasion for lunch when I'm in the mood.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I do it quite regularly. It's just like any other food if I want it and can fit it in I'll have it.

I do find that I've become quite the pizza snob, though. I'll only accept very high quality, crazy fresh pie and I savor every delicious bite. I used to just inhale several slices of cheap whatever pizza and barely pay attention to it.

On a side note, I recently learned that CFA puts butter on the bun of their sandwich and if you ask them to hold it you can save several calories. Their website says it's 380 calories and I personally don't miss the butter.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Yep, once a week with my kids. I work out extra just for it and don't weigh myself for a few days after.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    More than once per week. I just ate a whole frozen pizza. I was supposed to eat half. Oopz. lol. I think I still stayed at maintenance though so it's all good. I'll have a bit of a lower day tomorrow. :smiley:
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have it planned into my financial budget only once a month.
  • kdavid1987
    kdavid1987 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Almost every week. I do a vegan style pizza from Pizza Fire every Sunday, and I have lost 20 lbs since April. I do create a very drastic calorie deficit during the week to allow for two treat meals on the weekend tho, and pizza is usually one of them. :) Sounds like you're doing great!
  • Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yup. Sunday nights.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    More than once per week. I just ate a whole frozen pizza. I was supposed to eat half. Oopz. lol. I think I still stayed at maintenance though so it's all good. I'll have a bit of a lower day tomorrow. :smiley:

A large frozen thin crust CPK BBQ chicken pizza is only 910 calories for the whole thing - you better believe I eat that by the pie.