I'm 128 pounds and I think I'm fat....

Options

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    You sound fine, but you don't feel fine.
    Start serious exercise(jogging, etc..) and then see how you feel after 1 month of regular, 5 days per week workouts.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Projected self image is a beast to deal with. If you want to change how you look, lifting may be a great help for you. That, or perhaps finding someone to talk to about your body image issues.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Projected self image is a beast to deal with. If you want to change how you look, lifting may be a great help for you. That, or perhaps finding someone to talk to about your body image issues.

QFT.

you arethe furthest thing from fat...focus on working out your mind....so that it sees whats the rest of the world sees. appreciate your body. i'm sure it's beautiful and capable. "thinspo" is devil's spawn.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    so get serious counseling. Honestly.

I'm 3 inches shorter than you and weigh about 125. I see myself as a good weight for my size. I used to be 167 - now THAT is heavy for my 5'5 frame.

Lifting is good to help, but also, as with any exercise, check with your doctor as well. I'm not trying to say you have an ED - but if you are that little and think you are fat, there is some possibly BDD (body dysmorphic disorder).
  • autumn26
    autumn26 Posts: 44
    Options

QFT.

you arethe furthest thing from fat...focus on working out your mind....so that it sees whats the rest of the world sees. appreciate your body. i'm sure it's beautiful and capable. "thinspo" is devil's spawn.

What they said.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    "UMM Size 10?? Excuse me? I don't know where you come from but I am a size 2-4. Thanks for guessing that I am 6 sizes bigger than I really am??"

Woah. Calm down. You have a lot of growing up to do, thats clear.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

Yeah, this. You're thin, but have awesome measurements. Many women would absolutely love to be your size.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 116 and think I'm fat - but I know that I'm not! It's a daily battle to make sure I eat enough and to work hard in the gym to get the results I want! Start lifting it really helps changing your body! I've lost a lot from my hips and waist in recent months using kettlebells
  • iamdominique
    Options
    You are not "fat" you may HAVE fat but you are not fat. These are two very different things. I would suggest maybe instead of looking at thinspo, look at fitspo instead. I think it's probably more what you're going for. The basic principle is eat clean, strength train, run just do anything active. It is a lifestyle choice to help gain muscle and lose fat in a HEALTHY way. There is a huge fitspo community full of positive support and encouragment, advice on how to start, or even just people who are willing to talk about anything (doesn't have to be fitness related). It is amazing for helping increase body acceptance and self-confidence. If you want you can message me anytime (anybody can). I'm willing to talk, help you through any insecurities or body issues. I went through the same thing and I had so many wonderful people supporting me and now I'm on a good path to body acceptance.

Good luck on your journey, and remember: you've only got one body, so love it, respect it, treat it well.
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You feel fat??? Honey you don't know what fat is...you need to seek some therapy because you are in a healthy BMI and like everyone is saying you need to stay away from those blogs that say you need to look a certain way to be pretty, its always good to do cardio to stay healthy but life is to short and you need to stop over obsessing about you being fat when in reality I would KILL to be your size.
  • KatyCurtin
    KatyCurtin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    One of my teenaged daughters classmates died this week. She thought she was "too fat." So she exercised and starved herself to death.

It's sad when people can't see their perfectly healthy and acceptable bodies.

For the record: I'm 5', 30# overweight and while not entirely happy with myself, I can deal with it. I had an eating disorder as a teen and I'll take today's body with the possibility of tomorrow being a better day than the alternative.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You need to consider help, if its interfering with your life and being happy. That's not a good way to feel, and maybe a therapist can help you work past it.

This.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No matter how fat you "feel", you are not fat. Do you feel this way all the time? If so, you may want to talk to a counselor.

Or try focusing on fitness rather than weight goals. If you have the means, get your BF% checked. Try lower that, and forgetting the scale. Or choose a strength or endurance goal (be able to hold a 3 min plank, run a mile in < X minutes, run a steep hill, squat X lbs, do X military style pushups, etc.)

Most women feel fat now and then (particularly during PMS or TOM). But you should not feel this way all the time.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Go to a Dr. and get professional help.

The women in your magazines don't even look like the women in your magazines.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    sounds like maybe you want to lose body fat, but definitely not weight.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    See a doctor and/or nutritionist to talk about how you are feeling. I think you have more to worry about than just losing weight. Being healthy is about having a healthy frame of mind as well.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Go to a Dr. and get professional help.

The women in your magazines don't even look like the women in your magazines.

this
  • strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I had not heard of inspo before so I googled it. Wow, those girls reminded me of concentration camp survivors. I would stay away form it as it is sending the wrong message.
  • lollipop4401
    Options
    Umm, I am 5'1 and my hips are 39, waist 29..... you are not fat
  • joanlipp1
    joanlipp1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have serious self image issues! Please get some counseling so that you can learn to see what you really are. I watched a friend with anorexia years ago, and it was a frightening thing to see. she was only able to resolve her issues after her illness caused her to lose a baby. Good luck, and God bless.