How the heck do you eat 1600 calories a day??

Options
1235»

Replies

• wenrob
    wenrob Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    grimmc603 wrote: »
    Some suggestions -

Breakfast: egg salad made with 2 whole eggs and 1/4 cup mayo. Stir in some crumbled bacon if you want. Make it ahead and keep it in the fridge. If you're avoiding starches, eat it on lettuce leaves instead of a slice of bread or crackers. Coffee with cream or a full fat matcha latte.

Lunch: Some combination of the following - A cup of full fat yogurt. A piece of fruit such as an apple or banana spread with 2 T almond or peanut butter. Pre portioned vegetable sticks and hummus made with plenty of olive oil. A large vegetable salad with grilled chicken and full fat dressing (you can either make this salad or purchase it at almost any grocery store). A can of lentil or black bean soup. Tuna salad.

Dinner: 4-6 ounces of bake salmon with 2-3 vegetable portions (steamed, roasted, etc) drizzled with butter or olive oil. If you're still eating some starches, serve with rice or beans or pasta or quinoa. You can buy big bags of wild caught salmon and frozen vegetables at Trader Joe's or Walmart for reasonable prices. Just pull them out and cook. Same goes for the starch...premade rice or quinoa dishes.

Fats such as butter, oil, mayo, peanut butter, etc have about 90-120 calories per tablespoon so they're a great way to get your calories up without adding much volume.

Thank you so much for giving me these ideas. Some people just don't know how hard it is to try and change everything you've always done. I really appreciate it.
    Most people who have been successful on this site know exactly what that's like. You don't get to and maintain a healthy weight without some trial and error. I wouldn't be adding a bunch of calorie heavy food until you know for a FACT that you aren't consuming 1600 calories a day or your next post will asking why you are gaining on 1600 calories while doing "everything right." Use a scale, weigh and log every single bite and then see where you're at. You may well find you are eating more than 1600 a day.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    wenrob wrote: »
    grimmc603 wrote: »
    Some suggestions -

Breakfast: egg salad made with 2 whole eggs and 1/4 cup mayo. Stir in some crumbled bacon if you want. Make it ahead and keep it in the fridge. If you're avoiding starches, eat it on lettuce leaves instead of a slice of bread or crackers. Coffee with cream or a full fat matcha latte.

Lunch: Some combination of the following - A cup of full fat yogurt. A piece of fruit such as an apple or banana spread with 2 T almond or peanut butter. Pre portioned vegetable sticks and hummus made with plenty of olive oil. A large vegetable salad with grilled chicken and full fat dressing (you can either make this salad or purchase it at almost any grocery store). A can of lentil or black bean soup. Tuna salad.

Dinner: 4-6 ounces of bake salmon with 2-3 vegetable portions (steamed, roasted, etc) drizzled with butter or olive oil. If you're still eating some starches, serve with rice or beans or pasta or quinoa. You can buy big bags of wild caught salmon and frozen vegetables at Trader Joe's or Walmart for reasonable prices. Just pull them out and cook. Same goes for the starch...premade rice or quinoa dishes.

Fats such as butter, oil, mayo, peanut butter, etc have about 90-120 calories per tablespoon so they're a great way to get your calories up without adding much volume.

Thank you so much for giving me these ideas. Some people just don't know how hard it is to try and change everything you've always done. I really appreciate it.
    Most people who have been successful on this site know exactly what that's like. You don't get to and maintain a healthy weight without some trial and error. I wouldn't be adding a bunch of calorie heavy food until you know for a FACT that you aren't consuming 1600 calories a day or your next post will asking why you are gaining on 1600 calories while doing "everything right." Use a scale, weigh and log every single bite and then see where you're at. You may well find you are eating more than 1600 a day.

This is an excellent point. I'd get your accuracy as tight as possible before adding.
  • rnken
    rnken Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your liquid calories? Beverages can pack a lot of calories in them.