How would you describe yourself?

Options

Replies

• FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    When I look in the mirror I think that if I were a sea creature, a family of Eskimos would be set for the winter with all of my blubber...
    Sometimes I'm funny. Well at least I hope I am. My use of humor is largely an attempt to make up for my insecurities. I like to write, but don't do it very often because much of the time my inner mood is dark & full of self loathing & enmity toward how I see myself. Writing those thoughts would just fuel it more rather than release me from it. I have the soul of a poet, but feel like I have the vocabulary of a toddler when trying to express it. At the same time, I am generally happy as long as I don't have to think about my self worth. I am a dichotomy of happiness & self-hatred.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I am someone who struggles with life and the way it so often is. I don't think much of myself but I can fake confidence like a pro. I think too much and don't trust enough. I don't think I'm a very good friend, I try but I always have some sort of guard up and feel like people deserve better than what I can offer them.

• FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    A great big ball of confusing contradictions.
  • JeanieWww
    JeanieWww Posts: 4,037 Member
    Options
    analystic
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I will be the first one to tell you I'm a paradox. Pointing out my flaws seems easier for me to do. Then there's times where I see beyond the flaws and point out the good parts in me. I like to see the best in all people even if it's at my expense. I'm a good mom & a great daughter. My heart is the best part of me. Even through whatever heartache I go through, I still love and I do it with sincerity.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Logical, stubborn, goofy, sarcastic and annoyingly optimistic are terms I probably hear most often from others. They are probably right.

Edit - of course these are only the comments I hear. Those said behind my back are probably also correct.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I'll go first. I just took my measurements the other day for a new shred program. I now see myself as someone who is almost as wide as she is tall. I am almost a perfect circle.

Do you also notice while you were measuring that you're a strong awesome woman taking charge and making changes in her life? :wink:

I would describe myself as cold. I'm not unfriendly per se, I just have no interest in small talk or engaging strangers or coworkers. Also I'm literally cold a lot.
    Hey I love that you're always so positive!

Your interactions give the opposite impression
    Let me think about this. Best way to describe me is...

I'm a picker, I'm a grinner, I'm a lover and I'm a sinner. Playin' my music in the sun
    I'm a joker' I'm a smoker, I'm a mid-night toker. I get my lovin' on the run

So you like peaches.

MILLIONS OF PEACHES

I'd describe myself as a mess.
    I'm trying to be a superhero but I'm very overwhelmed and I'm sure the cracks show sometimes but I'm doing great! *enter cheesy smile*

But I'm working on bettering myself
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Very chill, borderline non chalant at times. Awkwardly marching to the beat of my own drum. I can be witty at times, I'm also a huge kid who just happens to be in an adult body.

Other people have told me they find me to be funny, easy going and trust worthy. But I can also be distant and hard to read.

I've also had close friends tell me they think really highly of me, but I see myself as a fairly normal and simple person. I'm just here for the cereal.
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm a former has-been wannabe.......In full disclosure that is a very true statement. I have had more variety in my life, with respect to occupations and "Jobs" than a person should really have. I have also been very, very fortunate as well. With regards to physical type stuff, some would say I did well in the DNA lottery being 6'5"...but lost in the hair on the head/body arena as it is totally reversed (ewww). Do you remember the old days, you know before the internet, when there was a section in the local papers for people looking for other people to date etc.? Well I always thought any add I would put in would be seen as TOTALY FAKE. Why would someone as tall as me, and at the time in decent shape etc. be "looking"? Well it happens:-) But I was able to finally baffle someone long enough to get a ring on her finger, and 3 children & 26 yrs later its still going strong.

Personality wise I am generally outgoing, loud (sometimes obnoxious according to my wife), upbeat etc. I 'm the guy who talks to people waiting in line in stores, banks, anywhere. I say please, thank you, sir & ma'am. I love to sing, and I do it pretty loud- maybe not well but definitely loud. I have recently taken up art type stuff, so I paint, do digital painting, photography, acting, and a bit of silver-smith stuff etc. Oh did I mention I am a middle aged:-)
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I find reality disappointing sometimes. I'm one of those very organised plan every thing to the last detail sort of people BUT I crave spontaneity in my life and those two conflicting things often create trouble in my life. I get bored easily.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I find reality disappointing sometimes. I'm one of those very organised plan every thing to the last detail sort of people BUT I crave spontaneity in my life and those two conflicting things often create trouble in my life. I get bored easily.

You're Monica Geller.
  • JeanieWww
    Options
    I don't know. I feel like a tossed salad at the moment. I'm all mixed up. I don't like being mixed up.
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    I'd say I love too much and I'm caring with a kind heart and soul. I'm humble. I'm not a tom boy or a girly girl....I like to look cute, but also get dirty! I can be a little wild, delightfully chaotic. I've got a dirty mind. I'm quirky, silly, blunt at times and a bit broken. I'm often tripping over my own insecurities. I'll hold the door open for you even if my hands are full. I overthink things. I crave adventure. I'm gentle, yet tough. I love music and I always have an uncontrollable urge to dance!
  • JeanieWww
    Options
    Reserved except to a select few.