Lose 2lbs gain 2lbs.. disgusted!

Options
2»

Replies

• Hoshiko
    Hoshiko Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    If you are in a calorie deficit over time, you WILL lose weight.
    If you're going to weigh yourself every day, you need to think about the big picture. Download a weight tracker app (Libra, Happyscale) and don't let daily water fluctuations dictate your overall success.

Most of all, this is a long process. If you are this hard on yourself while you are losing then maintenance is going to be a nightmare. Get to know how your body works, track honestly, and give it time.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    This was my weight loss trend: up and down and up and down for about year and a half!
    gh0x6rfx4txy.png

As to weighing more after pizza: I regularly weigh 1-2 pounds more the following day after eating one sachet of soy sauce with my sushi even though the sachet itself has maybe 10ml. Perfectly normal.
    I had a big birthday meal on Wednesday. I weighed close to 4lbs more the following morning. Back to normal now, three days later.

OP I hope these and other examples are reassuring to you. It's only been a week or so for you, and the likelihood is you are here for a slightly longer haul - the longer you are here, the more you will learn about how your body behaves after certain foods and how and when you lose weight, including how rarely the scale goes down when you are losing weight.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Went for a long cycle ride and came back 2lbs lighter - elated!
    Drank a load of water to re-hydrate, gained 2lbs - disgusted with myself. :(

It must be that evil zero calorie water.....

Doesn't make any sense to tie emotions to perfectly normal weight fluctuations does it?
    You will have an absolutely miserable time when you get to goal weight if you can't trust that rapid weight changes aren't related to fat.
  • HealthyGoalie
    HealthyGoalie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    lh1hjqfsi1qj.png
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Lol, I weighed two pounds more this afternoon than I did after a too big dinner that took me significantly over my calorie count! Don't worry about day to day changes, worry more about weekly or even monthly changes. Day to day is going to bounce around alot, especially fir women.