How's your book?

Options
captainfantastic94
captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
What are you reading and how do you like it?

Replies

• erienneb66
    erienneb66 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just finished Terry Brooks' new book The Black Elfstone and I really liked it. But he's the reason I started being a sci-fi/fantasy person when I was like 11 so of course I did.

I haven't picked up the next book yet today mainly because I can't decide which of my many books to read next. Got a couple geared up on Kindle, couple from the library, and of course the ones I own. Too many decisions!
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    I'm currently reading(and listening to) the handmaidens tale, and so far I like it, I love "what if" books
  • Girl_with_muscles2
    Girl_with_muscles2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's good. Fearies, epic battles, magic, sex, humor. I like it.

How's yours?
  • captainfantastic94
    Options
    It's good. Fearies, epic battles, magic, sex, humor. I like it.

How's yours?

Same book as last time or did you start a new one?

I'm enjoying the handmaidens tale, it's a future story and it's a near future, and there's a lot of little details that I enjoy a lot
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I have a 12 year old step-daughter, she often asks that I read the same series books as she so that we can go see the movies after. We are currently completing the Peculiar Children series... Interesting. I have been losing steam, but am determined to finish the final installment.
    It is nice that we can share the love of books!
  • rjl1208
    rjl1208 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The Handmaid's Tale is next on my list! I'm working on Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance tonight. It's easy to get lost in, especially if you're in the mood for a philosophical wormhole
  • thegirlinbldg8
    thegirlinbldg8 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Anasi's Boys by Neil Giaman. I trying to read all the books related to American Gods before I binge on the show. It's okay so far.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Random Acts of Senseless Violence

.... it'd pretty good
  • WolfCandz
    WolfCandz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have not read any books lately but I have been trying to write a fantasy book just keep hitting writers block
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    rjl1208 wrote: »
    The Handmaid's Tale is next on my list! I'm working on Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance tonight. It's easy to get lost in, especially if you're in the mood for a philosophical wormhole

This is one I have been wanting to read.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading(and listening to) the handmaidens tale, and so far I like it, I love "what if" books

Well this is a chit chat thread that I'm not scared to post in! Woot woot!

Handmaid's Tale is a excellent book - think I read it in highschool and re-read as an adult. Hulu is doing a great job with the tv series!

And fist bump to @erienneb66 for the book choice - sounds like The Black Elfstone needs to be added to by TBR list!

Just finishing up The Body Fat Solution (from the author that wrote Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle) and was planning on buying Queen of Shadows (book #4 in the Throne of Glass series) to load up on the good ol' Kobo.

@jenibethbu - my daughter is 11 and I'm thinking that the first book in the Peculiar Children series should magically appear on her bookshelf. She will love them!

• captainfantastic94
    Options
    Anasi's Boys by Neil Giaman. I trying to read all the books related to American Gods before I binge on the show. It's okay so far.
    I've got this one up next in my kindle and the bookseller at b&n said it was funnier
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I very rarely read books due to time constraints. But I recently purchased 'Win or Learn' by John Kavanagh, so will be reading that soon
  • chelllsea124
    chelllsea124 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Deep Nutrition. Good, so far. Only 20 pages in.
  • fit_finesse92
    fit_finesse92 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    ruining me-nicole reed
    amazing series, there are 3 books I have already read them but I love to reread them.
    here is the synopsis for the first book:
    Eighteen year old Jay Stevenson is living a horrible nightmare.

Two years ago, she had the world in the palm of her hand, but in one moment, it was ruined. Secrets, lies, and the worst imaginable betrayal haunt her new reality. Burying her problems under a cold façade seems to be the only way to cope until it all catches up with her. Soon, she loses control of the lonely world she built around her, and the past, present, and future collide.

Three guys are there when it all comes crashing down: JT, the perfect boyfriend she never wanted to give up; Rhye, the local bad boy “rock star” who made her forget the past; and Kane, the funny and sweet tattooed bartender who wants her future.

Secrets must be kept. Choices must be made. Is it possible to move forward while still chained to the wicked vices of the past?
  • fit_finesse92
    fit_finesse92 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    the Black Dagger Brotherhood series is also another AMAZING series.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    The antagonist by Lynn Coady....still reading but it is hilarious. Just finished Defending Jacob by William Landay...that book is a head spinner.... must read.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    So many books I need to add to my TBR list! <3<3

Keep them coming!
  • thegirlinbldg8
    thegirlinbldg8 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've got this one up next in my kindle and the bookseller at b&n said it was funnier

It's definitely funnier and kinda silly.
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Finished Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes last week. I would recommend it.