Progress Pictures!!! From 240 to 165.

Options
brillmer
brillmer Posts: 1,268 Member
Hello my lovely MFP friends.

I have had my ups and downs throughout my fitness journey. There have been spurts of weeks and months at a time where I was immaculate. Eating incredibly healthy, never missing a workout, not allowing anything to bring me down.

Then I have had weeks of extreme depression. Weeks where I feel like my efforts are pointless. Times where I lacked motivation to go to the gym and eat clean foods.. and quickly fell back to my old habits. Whether because of injuries, relationship or work issues.. Or even just enjoying a meal.. I constantly would get down on myself.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that weight loss and changing your lifestyle completely is not an easy accomplishment to achieve. It is all about the long term, sustainable lifestyle we are setting forth for ourselves. It's not realistic to think you can be perfect. You will mess up. The important part is to get back on the right track and keep on going.

Remember, it didn't take eating 5 burgers to gain the weight. The same way it won't take 5 salads to lose the weight.

Weight loss is not easy. But it is simple. It's the self control, dedication and will power that is the hard part.

The basics:

Calories in vs calories out, and count calories / weigh foods (the first 4 months I lost 40 pounds simply through changing my eating habits)

Make conscious food decisions (avoid sugar, processed, fast food. try to eat clean, healthy, fresh foods. drink water water water water and more water)

Don't expect perfection. This is a long term lifestyle change about realistic sustainability.

Take progress pictures.

Add some sort of exercise into your weekly routine. Go for a walk a few times a week, start lifting (best decision I've ever made), start running.. anything.

Now.. To the pictures:

Front and Back Relaxed:
RUVLOkZ.jpg?2?4462

Bicep:
YiEzSqM.jpg?1

Side:
1Y18oKe.jpg?1

Aaaaand My Favorite Current Picture:
3qaaWag.jpg?1?7456

I think that's it.

If anyone has any questions at all.. Please feel free to ask. I am more than happy to help.

Replies

• thinlizzy608
    Options
    HUGE CONGRATS!! You have done so well and dear goodness it shows! Keep up the hard work and stay healthy my friend!!!
  • hockeymomchicago
    hockeymomchicago Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look amazing and I bet feel even better! Way to go on this great journey and keep it up forever!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    You rock! Amazing job sunshine!
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    sexy!
  • fitkat_2012
    Options
    Well done! :happy:
  • hottiehotness
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!
  • KimLovesDon
    KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! Awesome!
  • terikd99
    terikd99 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Love your smiles on the latest pictures. Congrats!!
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Thanks for sharing your words and pics! :happy:
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You are rocking!!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    wow! you did an amazing job! well done. you look great! :smile:
  • rwstoneman1
    rwstoneman1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    well done! you're looking really good! :D
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Wonderful words of encouragement and what an incredible change! I am always floored by how much younger people look after this kind of weight loss. Must be all that wonderful, kick-your-*kitten* exercise:)
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Your have done an amazing job!
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Amazing amazing amazing.

I've clearly run out of ways to tell you how much you rock so ill just repeat it over and over haha. Your dedication and progress is so inspirational and motivates me every time I see it. You look SO good. The message you are trying to convey is also really important - the fact that we can't expect perfection from ourselves and the fact that its a PROCESS. I really need to remember that at times as well. You have been so strong to get through the times you've been down - don't think that goes unnoticed. Keep up the excellent work. It is an honour to have been a part of your fitness journey so far and I'm excited to see how far you can go with this.

Congratulations Daniel, keep it up :)
  • Vdbozeman
    Vdbozeman Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow ! You look amazing!! Thanks for posting the pictures they are very inspiring.
  • Lili0817
    Lili0817 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You look great!! And much younger too! Can you tell us what you did??? Any specific workouts??
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!