Losing body fat - females

Options
124»

Replies

• Carolyn2017mfp
    Carolyn2017mfp Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Following this as I'm 5ft 2 " and 108lb.
    Mfp has me on around 1450 Cals a day to maintain.
    But I think I will add more calories as I go. I'm currently 19.75 bmi and around 81 to 85lb lbm.
    I will increase my calories soon, as last year I found I was still loosing on 1750 but Ive only just rejoined the gym and starting slowly. I'm 52
  • Amerane
    Amerane Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Here's the link to the original paper if anyone's curious. Please note they use effect size to quantify differences between treatment groups. This is a good run-down of what effect sizes are and how they can be used. If you scroll down they have a helpful table about converting effect sizes into percentiles based on the average person/control group.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    [
    Dang woman! I'm 5'3 (122) on 1200 bc I avg around 3500 steps/day. I feel like I'm moving all day (I stand in my home office. Constantly moving but at most 4-5 steps at a time). Could I really eat upwards of an extra 1000 calories more just by getting an additional 7500 steps/day? That's like practically double what I eat now!

Probably not. The articles talk about burning 65 calories per mile for a 120 pound person. Of course that will vary depending on other factors.

For me, for regular walking (not purposeful exercise), this means about 25 calories burned per 1000 steps. It takes me about 2500 steps to walk a mile. That's not a lot.

https://www.verywell.com/walking-calories-burned-by-miles-3887154