Why weighing NUDE is wrong!

Options
How do you weigh yourself?

Personally, I think weighing yourself in the nude is a recipe for disappointment. First off, scales vary! So if you go to another scale, it's probably going to read a pound one way or another. Second and most importantly, unless your doctor's office is different than anyone I have been to in the past 20 years, they weigh you first with your clothes on before you go into the smaller waiting room. So that's bound to bug people who are trying to lose.

Even at work, we were doing what we called a "Fat Off" and we always have to weigh with our clothes on. So it made not sense for me to weigh myself nude if every other weigh-in I did outside of my home was going to be with clothes.

So my tip... find something that weighs as much as your typical outfit. And then if you want to weigh in nude/undies you can use this extra device to make up your clothing difference. I use a low pulley row handle from my gym, it happens to weigh about 4lbs and I weighed my typical outfit and it also weighed about 4lbs.

The reason I brought this up, is I have heard complaints from people about their weigh-ins outside of their home. I would still try and weigh in at the same time anytime you do, otherwise you will run into differences. But the idea here is that you would limit the difference to a small margin.

If you disagree, let me know why?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I just want to know how much I weigh. Don't much care about my clothing. Don't much care about what the doctor's office scale says either. It can go be its own bad self and count my jeans, wallet, phone, and whatever else it wants.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself at home and docs office every couple of years so each time I weigh at docs I weigh less than the last time and doc is pleased and so am I.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I always weigh NAKED...
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    How do you weigh yourself?

Personally, I think weighing yourself in the nude is a recipe for disappointment. First off, scales vary! So if you go to another scale, it's probably going to read a pound one way or another.

I used to weigh myself nude on several different scales but one day the neighbor lady came home early and found me on her scale. It's all good. They just gave me a restraining order so there's no real criminal record associated with it.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning after going to the bathroom, and I am always in the buff (because I sleep sans clothing). It's not something I think about. Also, I never weigh myself at any other time of day, so it will always be consistent. I'm not worried about it.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I weigh in at my trainers office at the gym.

I think she'd agree it'd be wrong if I stripped off right there and then. =B
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    nothing done when nude is wrong
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. What? First, people who whine about the variations are just well...I don't want to be mean. Second, my clothes starting to fall off is usually a good indicator that I have lost weight, so why not weigh without them!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    :huh: But my clothes aren't actually a part of me. I want to know what I weigh - not my clothes.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Why weighing NUDE is wrong!

because I say so.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I weigh nekkid to know my TRUE weight but I also know that if I am in my normal summer attire with my wallet and cell phone in my pocket that I need to subtract 6 lbs from that weight I see clothed.

Good point though for people checking their home scales against the gym/doctor's scales!
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    I lift, walk, run, and go to zumba class in the nude...I'm not about to start putting on clothes just to weigh. smh
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I don't care if my weight is off a few pounds either way...

...and I weigh myself every morning...

...and why would I put on clothes to step on the scale?

Edit: Because that 't' didn't belong there...

...and I may need it in a future pos.
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I weight on my wii fit... It's give option to take off allowance for clothes I never do so I suppose I'm weighing with what I have on. Pretty light clothes tho....
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    IDK I might question someone's common sense if they couldn't figure out and were emotionally devastated he or she would weigh more wearing clothes or later in the day. However, you raise a good point OP.
  • MissKitty9
    MissKitty9 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Okay, then people should just weigh in at home? And when they go to the doctor, mentally account for the difference & don't beat themselves up if the number is heavier (I also weigh first thing in the morning, & usually wind up at the doctor at a later time) Whoooo cares whether people weigh themselves nude or not?

Of course, okay, if you're somebody who KNOWS you'll be "disappointed" by a higher # at the doctor's office, then sure, leave the clothes on at home. I guess? I don't see why this is even a discussion.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :ohwell:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself in the morning, nude. It would be more work to try and do all this clothing figuring out. I just know that if I weigh myself somewhere else that the weight includes my clothing and I subtract a pound or 2. No biggie. The gym scale automatically subtracts 1.5 pounds for clothing. I'm on maintenance.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself wearing the same thing (underpants and a tank top) at the same time of day (after I wake up and use the washroom, before I eat), on the same scale. It minimizes confusion and stress, and allows me to be aware of shifts that may be happening in my body (sudden weight shifts around my TOM is really common, for example).

I think you make valid points for you, in your own individual situation; however, I wouldn't go so far to say that it's "wrong". Whatever works for someone else is great for them. Maybe they, like me, don't have many occasions where they weigh themselves outside of home. We're all different, come from different situations. I try not to tell people that what they're doing is "wrong" in general because there are so many different paths to the same outcome, and we're all unique individuals coming from unique circumstances. Unless someone is acting in a way that is potentially harmful to them or others, I try to focus on my own journey and not tell others what they should or shouldn't be doing.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I weigh in my underwear. The nurse always looks a little ill at ease, but pffffft, I don't care!