How to make spinach tasty?

Tips?

Replies

• TARGET65K
    TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
    Cream salt pepper
  • cparsons_60
    cparsons_60 Posts: 95 Member
    Heat just until wilted, sprinkle on red wine vinegar.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    Saute it briefly in a little olive oil with a bit if garlic powder and salt. Make sure it still has some water on it from rinsing.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    I love it in curries. Saag paneer is bomb!

You could blend it as an ingredient in smoothies, too, if you wish.
    I also mix it in salads with vinaigrette, chicken, strawberries, feta, and pecans.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    I eat a lot of spinach. I steam it sometimes and just add a bit of red wine vinegar, like the poster above suggested. I also saute it in a tiny bit of butter and garlic (cook the garlic first in the butter) until soft and I also add it to eggs. Saute the spinach until wilted then add one whole egg, 4 to 6 TBS of egg whites and once the eggs are cooked toss in a bit of shredded Parmesan cheese.........yummy!

Tonight I made chicken noodle soup because hubby's a little under the weather and since he doesn't really like spinach as much as I do, I'm putting about a cup of spinach in the bottom of my bowl and pouring the soup over it.........it wilts so fast.

One more idea is to cook brown rice and while it's still hot and steamy stir in a couple of cups of spinach and toss with about a tsp of sesame oil and a bit of tamari............one of my faves!
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    I eat spinach all sorts of ways, but the way that seems to make it taste the least like spinach is for put a bunch (a serving) of it in my NutriBullet with a bit of water (4 ounces) and blitz it to green juice then add chocolate protein powder, some cream or milk, and ice cubes and blitz again. I can't even taste the spinach, although it is super green. Tomato sauces also hide spinach and other greens well.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    Ooohhhh...lasagna!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Yummy, yes I put spinach in my protein smoothie before a workout and also love spinach lasagna......I really am a spinach lover!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Sauteed with chicken in butter, added to pasta and baby tomatoes.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    I use it instead of lettuce in salad.
  • natashab61
    natashab61 Posts: 103 Member
    I find it hard to eat spinach in a salad
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    I eat it microwaved with sausage (the sausage I have does wonders for adding flavor).
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    I mix it in with eggs or rice.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited June 2017
    Cut bacon into lardons
    Cook bacon in pan until crisp, remove lardons
    While bacon fat is still warm, add spinach, grape tomatoes and croutons
    Toss spinach until wilted.
    Plate and top with bacon lardons

Nom
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    If you're cooking it, nutmeg is a great spice to use (along with salt and pepper).
  • yweight1969
    yweight1969 Posts: 64 Member
    Lots of great ways here already, but quiche and in soup is another way.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    It is tasty. I just stood at the counter eating it for breakfast by salting it a little and putting in straight in my mouth raw.