bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    natashab61 wrote: »
    I find it hard to eat spinach in a salad

Why?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Blended in a smoothie. But if you don't like spinach there is no reason you NEED to eat it.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I love sauteed spinach! I put it in eggs or pasta sauce. My favorite is a little plain spaghetti, sauteed spinach, 2 over easy eggs, and parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.

Just heat a pan, add a little olive oil (or whatever you use), when it's hot, add the spinach until it gets a bit wilty. I season with salt and pepper. Easy peasy.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    As far as I've tried (and I've tried a ton) you can't make spinach awesome. It's just not my thing. I put it in a pita sometimes and that's ok.
  • myfightsong88
    myfightsong88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Butter. Garlic powder. Salt. Yum!
  • Goober1142
    Goober1142 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I put in a blender with a banana, berries and vanilla protein powder. I recently discovered you can freeze it and it seems to blend better frozen, kale too.
  • SkimpyMrsCarter
    SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Cheese
  • Dr__Girlfriend
    Dr__Girlfriend Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Tbh I think it's best raw. Cooked spinach is rough, lol.
  • LeacyPeacy
    LeacyPeacy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love it any way, but my son is a picky eater. When he was small, I'd chop spinach very finely and put it in spaghetti sauce. I told him it was an herb he never knew the difference.
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Raw in a salad with cherry tomatoes and mozzerella.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Feta cheese and turkey bacon.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I eat it raw in salads most of the time, with whatever toppings.

Cooked I will sauté with a little butter or stock and mix in a laughing cow cheese wedge. As mentioned earlier up thread, nutmeg is a great spice with spinach and works really well with creamed spinach (nutmeg also compliments cream). Sautéed mushrooms and peppers and onions and pepper flakes are good mix ins. Parmesan also.

I'll also add sautéed spinach to egg dishes like frittatas. I add sautéed spinach as well to bulk up meatloaf sometimes.

My husband is a fan of cooked spinach with vinegar.
  • givesometogetsome
    givesometogetsome Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Spinach is very good in mushroom soup/broth.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I usually only buy baby spinach. If cooked I prefer it in omelettes, soups, curries, not as just a side of cooked spinach.
    I typically eat it raw as salad - just baby spinach, though.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    it is tasty! If you don't like it just don't eat it haha. If you're looking to add it to recipes, sometimes I add it to my pastas/risottos and more often than not I mix with egg whites and tomato and cheese for a nice breakfast wrap but if you don't like the flavour, you're out of luck!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    natashab61 wrote: »
    I find it hard to eat spinach in a salad

Why?

Not the person who posted, but I do too. The texture makes my mouth feel odd and I think it's the oxalic acid, based on googling. I love it cooked though.

^This. I am also not a fan of raw spinach. I can eat tons of it cooked, though.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I second the omelette and the garlic/olive oil treatments.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I use about 3 cups in my morning smoothie along with plain kefir, almond milk, plant-based protein powder and ice. Some days I go nuts and add a little PB2.
  • newlark01
    newlark01 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Wilt into miso soup