Good but affordable leggings, ladies!

Options
KimmalyS
KimmalyS Posts: 131 Member
edited June 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey ladies!
Where can I find some good and cute but affordable leggings?? I love the high waisted look but most importantly, ones that don't cling onto the hoo-ha... I know, omg- awkward! What I mean is that leggings usually have stitching going across that area which gives the appearance of major "CT". Not a good look, right?

Your help would be most appreciated!

Replies

• pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Zella
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Victoria Sport has some cute ones and they always fit well. I love 90 Degree by Reflex (TJ Maxx, Amazon, or their own website). Their leggings are the best I have. $21.99 or thereabouts. I buy their tanks and workout jackets, too. They don't show sweat nor CT.

The biggest CT and sweat-show offender I've come across is Koral Activewear. It's meant to be "luxe" and I bought a pair of $145.00 basic Capris. It was a CT show. Apparently they're only meant for standing still in cool climates. So don't be tempted by their fancy marketing.

And some ladies at my gym were talking about how they liked the Champion leggings from Target... but they were see through. So exercise caution there, too.

An investment you may want to think about is the Knixwear underwear line. The sport bikini and hipsters. Omg, once you wear them, you will never wear normal underwear again. I have 7 pairs and they were worth every penny (website only).
  • KimmalyS
    Options
    Ahh! Your incredibly helpful, thanks for the suggestions! @WendyLeigh1119
  • WendyLeigh1119
    Options
    You're welcome! I'm a compulsive workout-clothing shopper, so if it can be worn on the body... I probably have it. ;)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,717 Member
    Options
    This may be heresy, but consider a lightweight/flexible adhesive everyday-type pantiliner in the crotch. Not really visible if lightweight/flexible enough, but it kind of fills over the area of of concern. How well this works doubtless depends on both the specific leggings and the specific liner.
  • KimmalyS
    Options
    @WendyLeigh1119 I'll head to tjmaxx soon but i just placed an order with Knixwear! I'm pretty excited for these! Haha
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I like expensive *kitten* leggings. But besides pricey ones, I like RBX. They make some nice high waisted styles. You can also find them at TJ Maxx.
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    This may be heresy, but consider a lightweight/flexible adhesive everyday-type pantiliner in the crotch. Not really visible if lightweight/flexible enough, but it kind of fills over the area of of concern. How well this works doubtless depends on both the specific leggings and the specific liner.

Heresy for sure.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    Options
    KimmalyS wrote: »
    @WendyLeigh1119 I'll head to tjmaxx soon but i just placed an order with Knixwear! I'm pretty excited for these! Haha

Omg, you're going to love them! And they are so invisible and weightless under normal clothes, too! If you can't find the 90 degree at TJ Maxx
    ... Amazon definitely has them.
  • Dr__Girlfriend
    Dr__Girlfriend Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Tikiboo!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    TJ Maxx is where I go. I honestly don't understand why someone would ever pay more than $12.00 for leggings anywhere else when you can get new ones for so little there.

...And if you're looking to be even MORE frugal, try Goodwill. I get SO many "used-but-in-new-condition" clothes from there that I would never be able to afford otherwise I got a North Face tank top, an almost-new purse, and two pairs of cute jean shorts there last week for less than $20.00.
  • bbell1985
    Options
    TJ Maxx is where I go. I honestly don't understand why someone would ever pay more than $12.00 for leggings anywhere else when you can get new ones for so little there.

...And if you're looking to be even MORE frugal, try Goodwill. I get SO many "used-but-in-new-condition" clothes from there that I would never be able to afford otherwise I got a North Face tank top, an almost-new purse, and two pairs of cute jean shorts there last week for less than $20.00.

I didn't understand either...until I tried good/well made leggings. I can't go back.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

I didn't understand either...until I tried good/well made leggings. I can't go back.

This for me. I spend on my leggings.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    A second vote for the 90 Degrees by Reflex.
    I get them on Amazon for about $20, but they have a tag on them that says they retail for like $80-100. (Sometimes the capri length is less than $20.) They also have some higher waisted options, but the regular ones are great.
    I initially bought 2 pairs a few years ago, which are still in great condition, they're just getting too big. I've more recently bought several pairs in the next size down and love them. I would buy every color but I'm afraid I'll need to go down another size by the time I reach my goal weight. :D
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I get some from Old Navy. I buy on sale and with my bucks back, so spend next to nothing out of pocket. My others are DanskinNow from Walmart, but are not the best quality.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options

Yeah, but TJMaxx carries all of the well-made brands that have been mentioned. $80 tags on them for $15. Can't beat it and they generally have a HUGE selection.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I like many of Old Navy's leggings too. I would look at places like TJMaxx and Marshalls when I am there, but Old Navy is usually my go to. I also am a little too large still for Victoria's Secret or more expensive brands, but I am at the top end of the Old Navy range and they work well for me. Oh, I also like Gabriel Brothers, I have gotten some good deals there too but it is hit or miss.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Victoria Secret Sport and Under Armour. I've never had a see through or CT issue with either brand. I usually watch for a sale on VS workout pants. Some VS pants have that stitching you mentioned, but if the pants have a pattern it usually does not show. Dick's Sporting Goods and Nordstrom usually have a variety of options, too. And I happen to live near an outlet mall that has UA, Nike, Rebok, and a couple of other running/workout stores, so I guess I might have more options to check out than others.
  • ashunknown
    ashunknown Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really love the Baleaf leggings from Amazon. I get the normal mid rise ones and they're amazing for like $15. Not see through at all and they fit in the same way as more expensive pairs
  • bbell1985
    Options
    sllm1 wrote: »

Yeah, but TJMaxx carries all of the well-made brands that have been mentioned. $80 tags on them for $15. Can't beat it and they generally have a HUGE selection.

Nah. I don't know. I love my Lululemon. I never thought I'd spend a penny on them but after I got a pair for free with a gift certificate, I couldn't go back.
  • katielily84
    katielily84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try fablectics they often have good deals but don't get sucked into membership unless your an athlete!