Diet breaks?

2»

Replies

• RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    I forwarned you ages ago to be prepared for the hungries to arrive at your height and weight.

Lol well now you get to say I told you so! So what do you think I should do now that they've come?

Honestly? If it were me, i'd stop trying to lose weight. But I'm not you, and obviously you have to be happy with your body.
    Plug in your stats here, choose maintain my weight, and eat those calories.
    Lol okay thanks girl !
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,689 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Best estimate for maintenance: Take the number of pounds you've lost in the last 4 weeks. Divide by 4 weeks to get average loss per week. Multiply that number by 3500 to estimate calorie deficit per week. Divide result by 7 days to estimate calorie deficit per day. Eat that many more calories daily.

Okay awesome!!! Thank you so much. And do this for what... two weeks? A month?

However long you want to take a maintenance break for! I've seen others i consider sensible suggest at least 2 weeks, but I personally never took one.

I did, however, hit goal weight & successfully estimate my maintenance calories, so I felt qualified to comment on that aspect of it! ;)
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    Best estimate for maintenance: Take the number of pounds you've lost in the last 4 weeks. Divide by 4 weeks to get average loss per week. Multiply that number by 3500 to estimate calorie deficit per week. Divide result by 7 days to estimate calorie deficit per day. Eat that many more calories daily.

Okay awesome!!! Thank you so much. And do this for what... two weeks? A month?

However long you want to take a maintenance break for! I've seen others i consider sensible suggest at least 2 weeks, but I personally never took one.

I did, however, hit goal weight & successfully estimate my maintenance calories, so I felt qualified to comment on that aspect of it! ;)

Oh okay awesome! Super proud of you. I'm going to do two weeks starting Tuesday (because I start a new job then so it would be nice to have more calories lol). Thanks everyone
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    You might want to skipping weighing during your break. Your body will start to store more glycogen, water, food, etc. I'd just not weigh in all week, and weigh in again 2 or 3 days after being back on a deficit. AND when you go back on a deficit maybe shot for 250 instead of 400.
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    You might want to skipping weighing during your break. Your body will start to store more glycogen, water, food, etc. I'd just not weigh in all week, and weigh in again 2 or 3 days after being back on a deficit. AND when you go back on a deficit maybe shot for 250 instead of 400.

So basically start losing slower at this point? I'm kind of thinking that may be the best choice too lol but summer does make us want to be in our best shape so I just have to get over that and treat my body kindly :)
  • mss342
    mss342 Posts: 9 Member
    I wouldn't do it. If you've had success so far you should stick to what you know works. I'm always hungry when dieting, it's how i know I'm doing it right