Don't you just love MFP because...

Options

Replies

• nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love MFP and here's why:

1. You can add someone as a friend and they don't question your agenda.
    2. You can unveil all your fears and insecurities and people will support you.
    3. You can show off the smallest success and people will be proud of you.
    4. You can show off the biggest success and people will cheer you on, without judging you for posting pics of your new sexy body.
    5. People are friendly here.
    6. People have the same goals, and they work together.
    7. It is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to make enemies here, or to be disrespected or mistreated.
    8. Everyone is so welcoming, and you'll always belong on MFP :)

Just some reasons why I love MFP and the gang here.

The Points I 100% agree with: 3, 4.
    The points I 50% agree with: 5, 8, 7
    The points I have to kindly disagree with: 1,2,6.

For 3 & 4 I have found that all the members who post get positive feed back about their sucess and can/are inspirations for others to get motivated or keep going.

For 5, 8 & 7 I have seen many posts where people have disrespected or come straight out and told others that they opinions/excercise regime/food diet/weight loss diet where absolutely rediculous and how could they be so dumb (I put that nicely) for even thinking that what they are doing is even remotely right. Then there are other members who are not like this are will give SOUND, REASONABLE advice as to why they disagree with your choices without being threatening or rude about it. I would say that many of the people are APPEAR friendly, but you must realize that this is the internet and what you think and read about someone may not be who they truely are in person. But then again some people are genuinely nice and kind people who want nothing more then to support and provide a helping hand to others in need.

For the rest of the points: 1) I have read posts where people rip apart others eating habits after the OP made their diary public.
    2) NEVER fully unviel your secrets/insecurities/deepest darkest fears on the internet or to people you don't know. Period. This is true in every aspect of your life. You have no idea who anyone is or what will happen with the information you put out there.
    6) Though many of us are trying to loose weight, not all of us are doing it the same way or have the same goals in mind. Some are trying to gain weight; some are trying to loose bf; some are trying to gain muscle or completely bulk up; and this is the REALLY sad one, but I read two seperate posters who's goal where trying to loose weight and "seemed" to promote a pro-ana life style.

My suggestion is to stay longer and realize that not everyone is on the same page and we all just need to learn to get along....though some members are already at that stage of getting along and their AWESOME!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    #9 The gifs
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    I love MFP and here's why:

1. You can add someone as a friend and they don't question your agenda.
    2. You can unveil all your fears and insecurities and people will support you.
    3. You can show off the smallest success and people will be proud of you.
    4. You can show off the biggest success and people will cheer you on, without judging you for posting pics of your new sexy body.
    5. People are friendly here.
    6. People have the same goals, and they work together.
    7. It is pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to make enemies here, or to be disrespected or mistreated.
    8. Everyone is so welcoming, and you'll always belong on MFP :)

Just some reasons why I love MFP and the gang here.

For the most part, it's what you make it. So you must be pretty awesome.

:drinker:
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    #9 The gifs

I was totally going to post this.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I can't help but question the purpose behind this topic. One might even say that I'm questioning your agenda.
    *Waits to be taken seriously.*

Haha.. you're right, I have an agenda. I want to share how amazing I feel!

First have to say how adorable you are and what a wonderful spirit! I agree that MFP is awesome and I suspect, so are you. Great post
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I love MFP because ...no math!
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    This much sugar can't be good for me.
  • baybeejulia
    baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    What's gifs?
  • baybeejulia
    Options
    I can't help but question the purpose behind this topic. One might even say that I'm questioning your agenda.
    *Waits to be taken seriously.*

Haha.. you're right, I have an agenda. I want to share how amazing I feel!

First have to say how adorable you are and what a wonderful spirit! I agree that MFP is awesome and I suspect, so are you. Great post

Thanks marciebrian, I really appreciate it :)
  • baybeejulia
    Options
    For the most part, it's what you make it. So you must be pretty awesome.

:drinker:

Haha thanks, don't think so but thanks :)
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    What's gifs?

Gif:

70666_zps1b7a0d03.gif
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    What's gifs?

Oh you poor thing.......... Wait for it........... Wait for it........
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    What's gifs?

These:

tumblr_mdgfpehkYN1r8cvzdo1_500.gif
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options
    What's gifs?

tumblr_m9jz1svsqQ1qgpvbxo1_500.gif
  • baybeejulia
    Options

The Points I 100% agree with: 3, 4.
    The points I 50% agree with: 5, 8, 7
    The points I have to kindly disagree with: 1,2,6.

For 3 & 4 I have found that all the members who post get positive feed back about their sucess and can/are inspirations for others to get motivated or keep going.

For 5, 8 & 7 I have seen many posts where people have disrespected or come straight out and told others that they opinions/excercise regime/food diet/weight loss diet where absolutely rediculous and how could they be so dumb (I put that nicely) for even thinking that what they are doing is even remotely right. Then there are other members who are not like this are will give SOUND, REASONABLE advice as to why they disagree with your choices without being threatening or rude about it. I would say that many of the people are APPEAR friendly, but you must realize that this is the internet and what you think and read about someone may not be who they truely are in person. But then again some people are genuinely nice and kind people who want nothing more then to support and provide a helping hand to others in need.

For the rest of the points: 1) I have read posts where people rip apart others eating habits after the OP made their diary public.
    2) NEVER fully unviel your secrets/insecurities/deepest darkest fears on the internet or to people you don't know. Period. This is true in every aspect of your life. You have no idea who anyone is or what will happen with the information you put out there.
    6) Though many of us are trying to loose weight, not all of us are doing it the same way or have the same goals in mind. Some are trying to gain weight; some are trying to loose bf; some are trying to gain muscle or completely bulk up; and this is the REALLY sad one, but I read two seperate posters who's goal where trying to loose weight and "seemed" to promote a pro-ana life style.

My suggestion is to stay longer and realize that not everyone is on the same page and we all just need to learn to get along....though some members are already at that stage of getting along and their AWESOME!

I'm sorry that you've seen such negativity. I guess I'm lucky, I've only pretty much come across caring and supporting MFP pals. In terms of goals, I meant health and fitness.

I'm not naive, I am totally aware that you shouldn't totally unveil yourself, especially on the internet. But in terms of bodies, weight loss, nutrition, fitness and the like, MFP is so much better than anything else in real life.
  • baybeejulia
    Options
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

I see, .gif!!

Wow, never seen them on MFP before hahahaha
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

I see, .gif!!

Wow, never seen them on MFP before hahahaha

Wait...really?!

Scared.gif
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    It's fun, and it works!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    i agree, except i just wish MFP had a "like" button - - cuz sometimes i'm just too damn lazy to type out a whole response to someone.......lmao
  • RabbiBeth
    RabbiBeth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yeah! It's great here! I also love the food diary detail where you can scan a barcode and it brings the item into your food diary - how fun is that?!!?! : )