8 weeks of low carbs... A HUGE success!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    George,
    You don't have to be super strict with the 5% it kind of depends on where you're getting them.
    When I was doing SKD I tried to keep below 30 if possible (net), but going over some wasn't really a huge deal.
    It's totally awesome that you have your BG under control! Doing lower carb helped my dad get off of glucophage.
  • Lavspad
    Lavspad Posts: 1
    Options
    Any good plant based recipes?
  • rasharefaat
    Options
    @Motown 13 .. Great Job, I was on a low carb diet before and I lost around 7 KG, however I stopped it because I felt it cause me digestive problem.
    Planning to start again as this is the faster way to lose weight , plz let me know how many grams you are taken per day. I was taking 50 to 60 grams.
  • AnnieRN6
    AnnieRN6 Posts: 48
    Options
    Wow--I am SO impressed. Great job on taking this one day at a time and taking such great care of yourself.
  • karensimaginarium
    Options
    The American Diabetes Assc. recommends a low carb diet for diabetics, type one or two. I know of at least 10 people who do 20 carbs a day, and have done so for the past 20 years who blood levels on anything you might want to bring up are perfect. Endocrinologists are now recommending this diet all over America. Your info is seriously out dated. Sp glad the medical community is reversing their stance on low carb. All the carbs you are ingesting is HARD on your pancreas. Whether or nor you want to realize that is simply up to you.
    I joined a while back and had no success with weight loss. I started low carb diet 8 weeks ago, I am down 16 pounds. I have had to cut back on blood pressure pills by half. I am a Type 1 Diabetic. Nurtitionist recommended losing 2-4 pounds a week. anything more than that is seriously unhealthy.
  • glow77enil
    glow77enil Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Whoa, you did wonderful. Awesome awesome awesome.
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!