Halo Top food poisoning?

I was wondering if anyone here could help me figure out what happened. I've been seeing ads for halo top ice cream and gave it a try a few nights ago. I ate maybe 1/3 of the cookie dough flavor, and then went to bed a little later. Woke up in the middle of the night with awful stomach cramps and threw up, went back to sleep, then it happened two more times. (It felt like the way you throw up when you drink too much, if that helps) The ice cream was the only thing I ate out of the ordinary. Does anyone know what could have caused this reaction? I've had other protein/ low cal ice creams before with out problems, what makes Halo Top different? Thanks!

Replies

• Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    This question was asked in January - read it. Your answer could be there.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10499889/stomach-issues-with-halo-top-ice-cream
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Some people are sensitive to the sweetener- I didn't have problems with it, but I've had issues with others in the same family. They cause "stomach issues."

But it could be an allergy to something else, or even an unrelated incident.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Had this last night,thought I was trippin! I didn't throw up but severe stomach pain
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    You're probably sensitive to the particular sugar alcohol they use.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I haven't tried this because I had an issue with a low cal/fat ice cream YEARS ago. It was very unpleasant. You're probably sensitive to something in it. Maybe try another flavour or just stay away but this sounds like reactions I get when I eat something I'mm sensitive to and it's super unpleasant
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Probably not food poisoning. Just sensitive to the erythritol. I don't usually have a problem with Halo Top, but I usually only have a few bites at a time. Then over the weekend, I ate a whole pint in one night and wound up having a bad day at work the next day. Gas and diarrhea. Guess I'm not as lucky as I thought, but at least I know how to mitigate the damages.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    I am so glad I don't have any negative reaction to halo top. Never gonna stop! Gimme all the delicious erythritol!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    My body doesn't like it either.

You're not alone. I just eat real ice cream in smaller servings. It's delicious.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    kavahni wrote: »
    Because they are not food.

I would be curious to read the labels on the foods you eat...
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member

I would be curious to read the labels on the foods you eat...
    C'mon over! You are welcome to snoop in my cupboards and freezers.

• cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member

At one point tomatoes were not considered food.