Female six foot tall and over 40 yrs old?

Options
Just kinda looking for someone like me. I always see vertically challenged people on here. Different challenges and such than us tall women. I'm just over 6 foot. 45 years old and have four children. Anybody out there like me?

Replies

• erienneb66
    erienneb66 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm younger, 26, but I'm 6' tall and married to someone much shorter. I generally don't know many other women near my height, and it's definitely been a struggle in some aspects.
  • TheMothership71
    TheMothership71 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes I think we have different challenges in life over all...lol. Please feel free to add me. I'm looking for buddies on this journey
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'10"....can I still make the club?

Edit: I'm 43. :)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    I'm 44 and only 5'8" and a bit. Being tall is awesome for carrying weight, no one can ever guess how much I weigh, it's a great trick for carnivals and fairs. :)

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I'm 44 and only 5'8" and a bit. Being tall is awesome for carrying weight, no one can ever guess how much I weigh, it's a great trick for carnivals and fairs. :)

I agree with that. LOL

42, only 5'9, also married to a shorter man @erienneb66 ;)
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm in the kind of tall camp. I used to be 5'9" and a bit but now down to 5'8" and a 1/2 due to disk compression in my back. Fun times. I do like the "carnival game" of people trying to guess my weight. They had NO idea that I had 100 lbs to lose.

I am originally from CO but live in the big ol state of Fried Food, I mean Texas. I am almost 42 (so this is my year and answer to the universe, hopefully you get the reference.) I have twins boys that keep me busy and I am looking to be more active with them. Although, lately I have had to drag them through the last part of our walks.
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11, 37 and currently at 215. Would love to get back under 200.

I totally relate to y'all. I can gainor lose 10 or 15 pounds and nothing happens either way, a blessing and a curse :blush:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Six-one and 39. Yeah, it's nice at first when nobody can tell you gained ten pounds... But then that ten becomes fifteen... then twenty...

Add me?
  • tallchick209
    tallchick209 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    6 even and 48 years.
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'11" and 48 years old. I lost 50 lbs between January and the end of May and now and in the middle of a hellish plateau. I just joined MFP on Monday so this is all new to me. I've lost essentially 1 lb in 6 weeks - I say that because I've been gaining and losing the same 3 over and over. I'd like to lose another 50 - or get to "one-derland" anyway. I'm at 248.8 right now. After that we'll see but I'd like to get some momentum going again. Nice to meet you all.
  • AmandaGutridge7
    AmandaGutridge7 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 35 and I'm 6'2"!! I have 4 boys and I have lost 77lbs of 135! Would love more tall friends!!
  • TheMothership71
    TheMothership71 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I feel like this app makes me feel dumb. Why is it so hard to add someone?
  • LaniAli2011
    LaniAli2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there...I am just starting today. I am 5' 11" and will turn 53 in about a week. I have 15-20 lbs I want to lose. I agree with the one comment about being able to wear same size even after gaining 10 lbs, however, my "beef" with myself is that I feel like an "amazon" woman b/c I'm tall and slightly overweight. Funny thing, just 10-15 lbs off would not make me feel that way! I would love to join this "tall friends" club!!!!
  • Redtoestraube
    Redtoestraube Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! 6'2 38 yrs and 2 girls. Currently 226 and just started this journey towards 175-185. Size 12. My wedding weight. I felt beautiful, thin, strong, the way I was supposed to be. Yes, I'm tall, but that doesn't mean I can carry the weight.... I used to.

So stand up straight girls, you can't hide so be fabulous! We can do this!
  • coolmd2
    coolmd2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, 5'9", working mom , 3 kids, youngest 4 yo. Just lost 20 pounds. Now we 201. Plateaud. Would like to be 165-175.l, haven't seen that since wedding 15 years ago. Need support and advice
  • long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 182 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Add me: 41, 5ft 9. Two children. 50lbs to lose.
  • SlawekChrol
    SlawekChrol Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    45y.o. 6ft. :-) feel free to add