Female six foot tall and over 40 yrs old?

Options

Replies

• TheMothership71
    TheMothership71 Posts: 29 Member
    Options

I have gained many tall friends on similar journeys.
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I wanted to check back in since I first posted. I've had a couple of "whoosh" weeks since then. I'm down 7.5 lbs from my original post - safe to say the plateau is over! :smiley:
  • nlwrfa
    nlwrfa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    6 ft 1 here.. started at 325 on june 3rd... last weigh in was last saturday at 303... hoping to be in the 200's soon. Trying to get down to 180-190
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Just kinda looking for someone like me. I always see vertically challenged people on here. Different challenges and such than us tall women. I'm just over 6 foot. 45 years old and have four children. Anybody out there like me?

I'm also 45 but I'm 5'10". Fairly close!
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    5'10", age 46, and started at 248. Now down to 188. Goal is 168.

I have wide shoulders, big feet, and generally a large frame. I think I've finally let go of feeling unfeminine and huge. Now I prefer to see myself as statuesque and powerful. And, more now than before, athletic. :)

Ha! Wish I could adopt this frame of mind. I'm the same height and almost the same weight and see myself as huge and awkward at times.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd offer a word of support. One of my training partners in Muay Thai is a 40-year old woman who is about 5'11". A retired fighter, she's tough, quick, powerful and very graceful. I try to treat everyone with respect, but with her it's a no brainer.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I feel like this app makes me feel dumb. Why is it so hard to add someone?

I'm a shorty but wanted to reply to this.

It's not so bad. Just three easy clicks, stand on your head, hold your mouth at the right angle, and do the hokey - pokey. You'll get better at navigating :smile:
  • Neenah70
    Neenah70 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 year's old but I'm 5"8 but people always think that I'm taller. And when im in the grocery store and someone need something on the top shelf they don't hesitate to ask me b'cuz of my height. Does that ever happen to any one else? My husband is also shorter than me.I would love to join.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Age 42 and 5'11", a runner and I've been in maintenance for almost 4 years now, feel free to add me fellow tall people! :)
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    5'9ish here.
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Oh, my gosh! I am so happy to have found this thread. I would love to have tall MFP friends.

I'm 48 years old, 5"10.5 and 188lbs. My goal is to get back to 165 lbs--which is where I was about 2 years ago. It had always been my adult weight, but then i fell in love with the 5'8" love of my life, my workouts dwindled, a couple of injuries, a few too many desserts, and yada, yada, yada:).

Anyway, my body and joints were not handling the extra weight very well, so I began to get back on track about 5 weeks ago. I can relate to those who've mentioned that 10-15 lbs of weight gain is not too impactful on the closet--but it can quickly morph into a 15-20 lbs weight gain. Sigh...

I'd love to have some tall pals during this journey. Feel free to add me.

Many thanks!
  • kabocha1986
    kabocha1986 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello! 6'1.5" here. Currently 238lbs (wow...just wow.) and looking to get down to 185-190, the lightest I'll go while still being healthy. Turning 31 next month, and finding losing weight much more difficult than even just 5 years ago.
    Also living in Japan, which poses its own problems. (New clothes? Hah! Forget about it.)

Anyways, I'd love some more tall friends! Please add me!
  • Jenniferdi1020
    Jenniferdi1020 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 years old and 6 foot 1.... current weight is 182 and goal is about 160 or so?? I have been in the 180s for last 3 years so I am guessing at optimum weight. Down 15 pounds in about 6 weeks but don't see drastic change yet! Trying to stay positive and keep going !
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and 5'9.2 or 5'9.6 depending on the day, lol. Used to be 5'11 when younger. I am here mostly to maintain and keep fit. I also just love researching nutrition and fitness. Feel free to add me if you don't mind adding someone who is not here to lose weight but want someone who is encouraging and good for advice and ideas.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    5'11" in maintenance at 167lbs and I'll be 43 years old next week, feel free to add :)
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, in my early 40's, maintaining an 80+ pound loss for 4+ years and I weigh between 165 - 170 lbs year round.
  • kbkar
    kbkar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11", 45 yo and in the military. Spent the whole last year working my way up to my highest weight ever, 205 in May/Jun. Yes, the first 10 lbs gained is hard to tell (and really easy to justify), but then all of a sudden, it's 20lbs, then 30 lbs. I've always been 175/180, so as soon as I saw my weight start with the number "2" and I saw myself in photos, it was like "OH NO" and I got my butt in gear. I've been eating really clean and doing a mash-up of three different programs for the last month or so, 6 mornings a week, resting on Saturday. I also had to stop living up to everyone's expectations of me as a mom and a professional by putting my foot down and taking time to take care of myself. I'm down 10 lbs...20 more to go! Hopefully I'll have that done by Christmas, but this time, NO EASING OFF once I've hit my goal weight.
  • kquiles1
    kquiles1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5'10" and 49. It does get frustrating when you see the "I lost 15 lbs and 3 dress sizes" posts. On the flip side, we can gain 10 lbs and still fit in our clothes.

I'm only 5' 7" but this was really elightening!!!! Is this why I have such a hard time telling I've gained weight until it's too late?!?!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and a *scant* six footer...almost!