kpxayeopsxi4.png
tnu26orb8zgg.png
jn5th6mvkegt.jpg

"Simple Truth Low Cow Lite Ice Cream"

Anyone try it?

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Holy crap. I need this. Curious on pricing. I just can't spring $6/a pint especially the way my hubby eats it.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I hope they are less expensive and taste good- THEN maybe halo top will come down on the pricing as well
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    I have my doubts -- most Kroger-branded foods I've tried have been less than wonderful. If I see this, I'll give it a try, though.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    edited June 2017
    We tried their peanut butter (tasted gritty and much too sweet), ice cream (flavorless), and hamburger buns (cottony and blah), among some others. We may just have gotten unlucky. But if I'm ever in the market for peanut butter Cheerios, I'll look them up! :)
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Not sure on price - guessing $2.99 or $3.99 per pint?
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay Posts: 249 Member
    I have loved Kroger branded foods when I've tried them! When I saw this thread I was like WHAT. :D Going to try asap!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    Do you have the nutrition label? I mean, I don't like Halo Top, it's too much fake stuff.

Kroger regular ice cream is just another palm oil, corn oil, sugary bomb. If I'm going to eat ice cream, I try to buy real cream, milk, sugar ice cream. Just me. Ben & Jerry's (any flavor) or Breyers Vanilla are my go-to.
  • laurabadams
    laurabadams Posts: 201 Member
    I mean, I don't like Halo Top, it's too much fake stuff.

Genuinely curious here, but which of Halo Top's ingredients is "fake stuff"? I'm not an ingredients expert, but when I've looked over their ingredients list, nothing jumped out at me as fake. If I recall, it's made with mostly milk, cream & eggs...

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    I'll have to see what the ingredients are.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    *sigh* I knew that would happen. I don't like vegetable oils (palm, safflower, sunflower, corn, or vegetable glycerin - whatever that is - etc.) in my ice cream, nor sweeteners (erythritol) that give me stomach aches. I'm sensitive, yo. If that stuff doesn't bother you, more power to you. Yes, I know not all those things are necessarily in all Halo Top.

No reason for "oils" that are not from dairy in ice cream. Milk, cream, eggs, sugar or maple sugar and fruit, nuts, or vanilla or chocolate is all I want in my ice cream.

This is a HALO TOP label.
    halotopnutritionfacts.png

• laurabadams
    laurabadams Posts: 201 Member
    *sigh* I knew that would happen. I don't like vegetable oils (palm, safflower, sunflower, corn, or vegetable glycerin - whatever that is - etc.) in my ice cream, nor chemical sweeteners (erythritol) that give me stomach aches. I'm sensitive, yo. If that stuff doesn't bother you, more power to you. Yes, I know not all those things are necessarily in all Halo Top.

No reason for "oils" that are not from dairy in ice cream. Milk, cream, eggs, sugar or maple sugar and fruit, nuts, or vanilla or chocolate is all I want in my ice cream.

All good. That's why I said I'm genuinely curious. I find some people consider certain ingredients "fake" based on a subjective preference - which is perfectly okay by me. I was just wondering which ingredients were questionable. Knowledge is power.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    We don't have Kroger over here in NYC :(
  • EmbeeKay
    bbell1985 wrote: »

Well you can pretty much buy any other food you darn well please there! This is literally like the only time in my life I'll probably ever have access to a food you can't get in New York City! ;)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    EmbeeKay wrote: »

Well you can pretty much buy any other food you darn well please there! This is literally like the only time in my life I'll probably ever have access to a food you can't get in New York City! ;)

Yeah but you don't want to know how much I spend on food PER DAY here. You'd puke.
  • EmbeeKay
    EmbeeKay wrote: »

Yeah but you don't want to know how much I spend on food PER DAY here. You'd puke.

I'll give you that. When I visited NYC I wouldn't have described the food as "economical eats"...
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    *sigh* I knew that would happen. I don't like vegetable oils (palm, safflower, sunflower, corn, or vegetable glycerin - whatever that is - etc.) in my ice cream, nor sweeteners (erythritol) that give me stomach aches. I'm sensitive, yo. If that stuff doesn't bother you, more power to you. Yes, I know not all those things are necessarily in all Halo Top.

This is a HALO TOP label.

Have you considered investing in an ice cream maker? I have the one that attaches to my kitchenaid mixer and can whip up all manner of frozen delicacies with it - including some relatively low calorie options.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member

Le sigh... yeah no Kroger here
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    nice, will look for it next time at kroger!
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Kroger is just down the street from me. But, I don't shop there. (Produce is nice, but dairy section is always practically bare, and Publix employees are friendlier, at least at the one near me.) Probably just going to keep getting Halo Top at Whole Foods or Publix (or maybe Target, but that's a bit far away) rather than go to a fourth store just to save $2 or something.