Weirdly addictive foods or beverages?

Options

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Nespresso coffee. I have them black with water (so Americano style) omg I could have 10 a day but I have to restrain myself

This may sound dumb, but what's nespresso coffee? Is it just a brand?

Yea it's a pod you just pop into the machine for instant espresso. It is super fast and yummy.. haha
  • Stationagentjules
    Stationagentjules Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Currently it's my reduced calorie version of Knorr Spinach dip. I've been eating it with a fork instead of as a dip.

PB2 - the weird part is I don't particularly like peanut butter, but I can't get enough PB2 powder. Must be a texture thing.

Melons. I can eat endless amounts of watermelon or cantaloupe. Lately it's been sugar kiss melon and Honey Kiss melon. Can't stop, won't stop.
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Nespresso coffee. I have them black with water (so Americano style) omg I could have 10 a day but I have to restrain myself

This may sound dumb, but what's nespresso coffee? Is it just a brand?

Yea it's a pod you just pop into the machine for instant espresso. It is super fast and yummy.. haha
    I get like that with this chocolate chai tea. It says zero calories but I'm skeptical that it must have some and I can easily drink 10 bags a day lol
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Currently it's my reduced calorie version of Knorr Spinach dip. I've been eating it with a fork instead of as a dip.

PB2 - the weird part is I don't particularly like peanut butter, but I can't get enough PB2 powder. Must be a texture thing.

Melons. I can eat endless amounts of watermelon or cantaloupe. Lately it's been sugar kiss melon and Honey Kiss melon. Can't stop, won't stop.

OMG yeah PB2 is huge for me too. I also like it better than peanut butter. I make it kind of funny and use the it as a sauce. It's so good on roasted sweet potato!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Plain m&m's, Goldfish, Cheez-its, Flamin' Hot anything, cheddar sour cream chips.
  • PatriNina
    PatriNina Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Homemade baked chicken nuggets is the one thing i quickly found out I can't play portion control with.

Can't eat store-bought or fast-food chicken nuggets, as I always found them "eww", but if I make a batch it's going to get eaten asap... a whole large tray...one whole chicken breast, by myself! So yeah, I'm trying to forget the recipe!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i'm in this weird limbo state right now around red delicious apples. i'm honestly over them. i'm honestly tired of eating them, honestly feel like i've done my apple-eating chores and i just don't want to be faced with another one. except when i don't have them for a day or two, i want them. i'm just kind of done eating them.

idk how to describe it. it's weird.
  • Zipbsky
    Zipbsky Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Peter pan honey roasted peanut butter, nutella, cashews, pistachios, pecans, hard parmesan and extra sharp cheddar. I can keep all of these in my house, but once I start eating them I don't stop.
  • motivatekait
    motivatekait Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Tomato basil Triscuits. Or really any kind of box of crackers.... soo easy for me to just pick away at the box until realizing I've eaten the whole thing. :P
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Nuts: all kinds, raw, roasted, salted, plain, but not sweet. If they're anywhere in the vicinity of our house they won't be there next day.

Vegetables: most kinds, any preparation method, cooked or raw. They're pretty cheap here but I go through pounds a day so they still end up taking up considerable room in my budget. Thankfully they're low in calories.

Cheese: most kinds except the pungent variety, I stomp my feet a bit whenever I have to tell myself "enough", but thankfully I manage. Still addictive.

Sweetened condensed milk: If a can is opened consider it gone. Oddly enough, if I don't open the can I'm pretty relaxed around it. So I have it in my pantry but I think more than twice before opening one and only do when it's an ingredient in a recipe. I do sneak a taste before using, but at least it isn't an entire can.

Tomatoes: raw. I felt I needed to single them out and not count them towards vegetables because it's the one item that I have eaten every single eating day without fail for the past 30 something years of my life. They're low calorie so bring it on!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Someone else mentioned goldfish crackers and man... so right! i once bought a huge carton of them (larger than my head) and my boyfriend and i demolished it in a week. yikes!

Of course ice cream i can't really keep around, then there's any kind of little debbie snack, uncrustables pb&j, that white chocolate wonderful peanut butter by the pb co, cheese balls or puffs, and my favorite pickles! I could demolish a whole jar of the hot and spicy dill pickles by best maid, or all the vlassic butter pickles in a single sitting.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Obviously junk like crisps and dip and greasy meals but on the slightly healthier side...

Warm crusty bread with balsamic vinegar & olive oil to dip (especially if I've got a bowl of roasted garlic, sun dried tomatoes and olives to munch along with it), I can polish off an entire 400g loaf as a snack, French and British cheeses with biscuits, grapes and complimentary jelly (quince/cranberry/apple and walnut). Oooh and veggies sticks with proper hummus.

On top of that a nice cuppa tea with milk and sugar, can't beat it. ;P
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Kettle Chips, Mini Cheddars, Rich Tea or Custard Cream biscuits, punnets of grapes, punnets of cherries, family-size chocolate bars, peanuts/mixed nuts, doughnuts... if any of these are in front of me, no matter how large the qty (multipacks etc.), I will eat them all, through feeling full, right through to feeling sick.

Cream crackers and cheese, now there's a combo I can eat a LOT of!!
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    • Sriracha Popcorn by POP! I will eat the whole bag without stopping unapologetically. Also, I open it from the bottom so I can get all of the salty hot goodness first...
    • Hot Cross Buns (seasonal bakery item) come in a package of 6 at my local bakery. My family better not eat any of them.
    • Fried Cheetos have to be bought in the smallest bag possible because I will eat them in one setting.
    • Barcel's Takis Nitro Habanero & Lime ... I... can't... stop....
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Cashews
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Nutella for me. I don't bother buying it. Other than that, i don't have banned foods in the house, but i have difficult nights sometimes trying to moderate my nightly snacks, like nuts and seeds, honey, dried cranberries, ice cream, chocolate and candy. I come back repeatedly to get handful after handful. I still maintain fine,so i guess it's fine at the end.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    cantaloupe. I can eat an entire cantaloupe over the course of the day. I really need to stop cutting them up in tidy cubes and putting it in tupperware LOL
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Pringles
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Sunflower seeds. Something satisfying about cracking the kernel open and spitting the husk on the ground.