What country would you most like to visit, and why?

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Uganda. There's a rockin' little village called Soroti where my cousin lives and in her telling it's a hoot.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I hear and watched to many horror stories about people being locked up abroad and kidnaping that I honestly have no desire to travel .

How to spot someone who thought the movie Hostel was going to be a love story.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    The Bahamas because well Bahamas and a safari in one of the countries in Africa.
  • Mike_take2
    Mike_take2 Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Toss up between Italy ( food and to see roman ruins and Venice) and England ( sight see and I have so many Mfp friends from over there)
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Japan (for the culture, sights, and amazing food)
  • JosephPulaski
    JosephPulaski Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Bolivia
    Lake Titicaca
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    New Zealand
    Would Love to spend a few weeks trekking this beautiful Place!
    NewZealand2.jpg

Italy
    Wouldn't mind living the rest of my days on an old stone cottage in an old Italian Seaside village.

8dbdb377e62d6cf1b04709db85cd6a9f.jpg

• SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    US, because I'd like to meet some of the great people I've met here.

Make sure you stop by Toronto.
    That's Canada silly. But I will be sure to stop by there just for @Vikka_V ;)

Yay! Please do!

I'll join y'all!

What would we show her?
    I wonder what the best thing to see in the GTA would be?
    Besides us, obviously!

There is a lot of typical places people go and see, But one that is often overlooked is Castle Loma
    d1e6jzoihk1l.jpg
    That is very much my sort of place to visit, it's beautiful.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I have so many, but if I could only pick one I think it would be New Zealand. I think the landscape and coast lines there would be spectacular. I don't know if it is true but I have it in my head that there are lots of uncrowded and undeveloped landscapes to see there.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Top five:
    1. New Zealand
    2. Ireland
    3. Brazil
    4. Japan
    5. Italy
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I would like to visit Japan and/or the U.K. as
    I like islands for some reason. Maybe because I have visited Hawaii and had a fun time.
  • Creativityfailure
    Creativityfailure Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I would love to visit Japan because I'm fascinated with most aspects of Japanese culture, I'm learning the language, and I'm somewhat of a geek.
    It has also been my lifelong dream to visit Vancouver, British Columbia (in Canada), mostly because I used to love the Vancouver Canucks NHL team. Having been to Victoria, British Columbia, I would also love to go back there, so really I'd say that I'd love to explore western Canada a bit more.
  • mcafton
    mcafton Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Scotland. My Dad's parents were from there. Second would be Germany, because I took several years of it in school.
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Scotland for me too, also Germany and definitely Canada. I have visited all three already but was too young to remember much! While a massive generalization, the people seem awesome and largely liberal minded like me! (Speaking to you Germany and your recent marriage equality amendment!)
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    The UK. I'd like to see where my family came from
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    You all have such honorable intentions! I want to go somewhere hot and beachy where no one knows me and I can make unwise decisions.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Finland- I want to go to Helsinki-- for some reason- I think because it was in the movie Night on Earth.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Iceland just because seeing the northern lights is on my bucket list. I'd absolutely love to see them in all their glory someday

Same here! Was planning to go this month but it looks as though it's not to be! :cry:

Lots of places in the U.S I'd like to visit. Canada is at top of my list.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Iceland just because seeing the northern lights is on my bucket list. I'd absolutely love to see them in all their glory someday

Same here! Was planning to go this month but it looks as though it's not to be! :cry:

Lots of places in the U.S I'd like to visit. Canada is at top of my list.

You two.. wait 2-3 years. Iceland is expensive AF right now and it's effecting our tourism. We hardly have any bookings for next year cause the agencies we work closely with have had enough. Just a 2 hour whale watching tour costs almost 250 $

The prices should go down in a few years. Just wait a little.

Thank you for this insight, sweets. I must admit some of the costs for excursions were a little eye watering. I can wait, it'll be worth it. :smile: