PACT app (gym pact) is shutting down

Options
2»

Replies

• ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I cashed out on 7/11 but I keep getting daily emails to re-verify my Paypal account before they'll release my funds. Problem is, when I click the link to re-verify, Paypal tells me I'm verified already!

I think the problem is because my name doesn't match... I got married and my Paypal account is now associated with my married last name, but I can't find any way to change my last name in Pact. I submitted a support ticket but I don't think they are responding to them anymore... it's been over a week and usually they respond in a day or two.
  • Hoshiko
    Hoshiko Posts: 179 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I think they're just flooded with support tickets right now. I submitted 3 of them since 7/11 and only now heard back from them a couple of days ago.

They offered to manually withdraw my funds for me though, so I know they're still responding and helping people cash out. I was kind of surprised by the response -- very helpful, even though they are technically closed.

Forgot to add: this won't help for the paypal stuff, but my issue was resolved by updating the app. For anyone unable to withdraw funds I'd give that a try first.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    it_guy_nb wrote: »
    I just cashed out $263 on Pact (haven't seen the PayPal yet).
    Already off the wagon on walking 10k steps, logging calories and eating veggies :)
    Looking for incentive & accountability alternatives that work outside the US.
    So far the only one I see is DietBet.

You can do stepbet too! I've done dietbet for the past 2 years and started stepbet a few months ago
  • dgoffron
    dgoffron Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is pact really shut down? I see the app is still available to download and you can make pacts still...
  • Fuamami
    Fuamami Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Possible replacement? I am missing my Pact immensely, and found this while googling for a replacement:

http://www.thecommitapp.com/#site-block--qlr2pxio1y9lft10hdb5im4q