Options
23BS
23BS Posts: 5 Member
Hopefully im not the only one

Replies

• Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    :D I am faddy as hell so I don't eat clean, well, healthy all the time. .. I'm losing weight so the science works... Burn more than you put in your pie hole and you will lose weight :p
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,287 Member
    Options
    you don't have to eat clean to lose weight,you only have to stay under calorie goal :) I even drink beer :)
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,431 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what clean means
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    23BS wrote: »
    Hopefully im not the only one

How do you interpret "clean"? There are as many ideas as to what it means as there are people trying to follow a trendy term.

If you are trying to lose, eat fewer calories than you burn. Make sure you are getting close to your target macros and are getting a good variety of nutritious foods. Don't sweat the small stuff (and "clean" however you interpret it is very small stuff).
  • willgt78
    willgt78 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Try IF brother. You don't have to diet it's just a eating schedule it's what I use.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    "Clean" is a fairly vague term that has numerous definitions to different people. As stated above, the only thing you need to lose weight is a calorie deficit. Focus on that while eating a primarily nutritious, varied diet.
  • 23BS
    Options
    Yeah sorry, guess i should have made myself a bit clearer. Clean as in trying to avoid junk foods and fizzy drinks.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Yeah sorry, guess i should have made myself a bit clearer. Clean as in trying to avoid junk foods and fizzy drinks.

Why are you trying to avoid these? Also, what do you mean by "junk food"?
  • Panda8ach
    Options
    I drink sparkling lemon and lime water to fill the gap... 1 litre 20 calories :)
  • malibu927
    Options
    willgt78 wrote: »
    Try IF brother. You don't have to diet it's just a eating schedule it's what I use.

It still doesn't help you lose weight unless you're in a calorie deficit
  • malibu927
    Options

I still eat "junk" food and drink diet soda. I lost 60+ pounds doing so. You don't have to avoid it altogether (except for health purposes if they make you ill), just limit your intake.
  • 23BS
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

Im trying (without much success) to avoid fizzy drinks because they are high calories and by "junk food" i mean pizza (primarily) and the like. Hope that clears up a few things.
  • Slimpossible007
    Options

you do not have to avoid these foods either, everything is allowed in moderation .. I've has two chewy sweets today and a tunnocks teacake, and I am losing weight, eat what you want, just be aware of the calories in each food and eat less than your body needs to maintain your current weight ... that way you will lose weight

• 23BS
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

I still eat "junk" food and drink diet soda. I lost 60+ pounds doing so. You don't have to avoid it altogether (except for health purposes if they make you ill), just limit your intake.

Yeah i think the intake limit is what im finding really difficult. I honestly have a huge appetite which is why im finding this difficult.
  • 23BS
    Options

you do not have to avoid these foods either, everything is allowed in moderation .. I've has two chewy sweets today and a tunnocks teacake, and I am losing weight, eat what you want, just be aware of the calories in each food and eat less than your body needs to maintain your current weight ... that way you will lose weight

I think its the moderation which i struggle with. Which is mainly why im back on the app lol
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    willgt78 wrote: »

IF doesn't make you lose weight...
  • Panda8ach
    Options

Tunnocks :p good choice!
    earlnabby wrote: »

Im trying (without much success) to avoid fizzy drinks because they are high calories and by "junk food" i mean pizza (primarily) and the like. Hope that clears up a few things.

I had pizza for tea.... It's a diet, not a punishment! You still need treats :)
  • Slimpossible007
    edited July 2017
    Options

I think its the moderation which i struggle with. Which is mainly why im back on the app lol

lol yeah, eating in moderation is a key issue, one that we all need to overcome :)

throw away the numbers for the pizza delivery guy ;) and only buy fizzy drinks in small bottles, go out and buy one every time you want one ... that helped me when I was a chocolate addict .. the shops were too far away and it lessened my need for a sugar hit ;)