2»

Replies

• BJerzy
    BJerzy Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    23BS wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Yeah sorry, guess i should have made myself a bit clearer. Clean as in trying to avoid junk foods and fizzy drinks.

Why are you trying to avoid these? Also, what do you mean by "junk food"?

Im trying (without much success) to avoid fizzy drinks because they are high calories and by "junk food" i mean pizza (primarily) and the like. Hope that clears up a few things.

Ugh pizza is the worst nutritionally but the best for comfort! I looove pizza but I find that when I know that's what's for dinner, I have to plan my other meals differently. If you know you are having pizza, try to log it first thing in the morning, then ration the rest of your day.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    BJerzy wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Yeah sorry, guess i should have made myself a bit clearer. Clean as in trying to avoid junk foods and fizzy drinks.

Why are you trying to avoid these? Also, what do you mean by "junk food"?

Im trying (without much success) to avoid fizzy drinks because they are high calories and by "junk food" i mean pizza (primarily) and the like. Hope that clears up a few things.

Ugh pizza is the worst nutritionally but the best for comfort! I looove pizza but I find that when I know that's what's for dinner, I have to plan my other meals differently. If you know you are having pizza, try to log it first thing in the morning, then ration the rest of your day.

Just what I do! :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

I don't avoid those things.....instead I eat/drink smaller portions and account for them.

I'm not fat because I ate 1 cookie, I'm fat because I ate too many cookies. Learning portion control (even for junk foods) helps you when you get to goal. You need to figure out where these foods will fit in your future. "Perfect" eating for a time may help you lose weight....but it generally doesn't help people keep the weight off.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    If you indeed have a huge appetite as you said, you might find the "volume eaters" MFP members to be your tribe. Here's a thread on the topic: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10563959/volume-eaters-thread/p1
  • AskMorphis
    AskMorphis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If you indeed have a huge appetite as you said, you might find the "volume eaters" MFP members to be your tribe. Here's a thread on the topic: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10563959/volume-eaters-thread/p1

I was about to say that as well.
    If you have a huge appetite, aiming for food with a very low calories to volume ratio might be something you want to try.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Don't worry so much about avoiding them altogether. Think of it like a budget instead of a diet. You can buy whatever you want, as ling as you can afford it. Going over your budget, generally means you wull be paying more (with interest) by feeling crappy later. Just remember that two slices of pepperoni pizza costs about 600 calories while a turkey sub from subway is much more filling, and will only cost about 400. So it's great once in a while, but not necessarily the best use of your resources.