Options
13»

Replies

• DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I've had a very slow weight loss despite being on 1200-1300 per week for the past 3 weeks. Quite a few people recommended that I have breakfast as it will help speed up my metabolism and get me burning fat. I tried eating a healthy breakfast of oats and chia seeds with a little bit of rice milk this morning. However since then I've had constant craving that I have not been able to resist. I've just been starving all day long and it has ended in a binge, which I haven't done for 3 weeks of not eating breakfast. I think it's because my meals have been so small that I haven't felt satisfied. Whereas one bigger meal would have left me feeling more satisfied. Do any of you have any tips?

Since everyone else has the breakfast issue covered, I will say that I'd easily lose over a pound a week on 1200-1300 calories per day. How tall are you and how many pounds do you want to lose total? How many pounds have you lost these past three weeks - maybe the problem is with your expectations?

There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

I wish that were the case but I have around 70-80 pounds to lose. I'm 28 years old, female and weigh 210 pounds. In 3 weeks of eating at 1200 -1300 per day I've lost 2 pounds.

Are you measuring your intake correctly using a food scale? If you aren't sure that you're eating 1200-1300 calories a day, the problem is in your intake, not breakfast.

12-1300 calories a day at your weight should be enough to lose 1-2lbs/wk depending on your activity level. 3 weeks is a tricky timeline for females. We get lots of hormonal fluctuations and it's not uncommon to put on water weight around ovulation and again at TOM. Less than a month is really too short of a time to see if ANY habit is effecting your weight loss. Edit to clarify: water weight could be masking a much larger fat loss on the scale. Give it 6 weeks and see what your weight loss really is.

As others have said - eat breakfast/ don't eat breakfast based solely on how it makes YOU feel. Satiety is a very individual thing, and no one approach is going to work for everyone. That being said, I think the breakfast question isn't really what you should be considering at this point. It seems like the bigger consideration is measuring intake and expectations.