No support system

Options
2»

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    This all sounds very familiar. Not sure really why they do this but it happens.

Can you just get your kids to entertain each other and get your exercise done. I've often had my boy interrupt me and he has finally learned if mom has put on a video leave her alone.

I hope you can find a way to get past all these obstacles and get this done for yourself.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    DON'T rely on support. It may never happen.

THIS times 10. You must rely on YOU and only YOU. If you expect support from others, expect them to let you down. You must push through the good days and the bad days - and you will have many! This ain't no picnic sometimes. You need to get up every day and be determined to stay on plan for the day. And if you mess up, or go off plan on purpose for a special occasion, get RIGHT back on the wagon IMMEDIATELY. Do not wallow in resentment, anger, disappointment, self loathing, and/or self pity, and don't let your husband's negative attitude affect you!!!

So, what projects around the house does your husband think need to get done? As pointed out above, yes, household cleaning can count toward exercise but be very very conservative with how many calories you credit yourself with.

If you haven't lost weight, chances are you are logging incorrectly, logging inconsistently, and/or over estimating calorie burn when eating back exercise calories earned.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all of the comments. I try to involve the kids when I can. I live in AZ, so with it being 95 degrees at 8 in the morning, going outside to play with them is hard, but I involve them when I can. I can't shut the door, because the treadmill is in the living room and my youngest is 2, so she doesn't understand my need for me time, but my oldest really tries to help and I let her know I appreciate that.
    I try to track my food carefully - my husband also refuses to eat healthy, so I have to make separate dinners, or make my own dinner when he wants fast food, but it's hard when the temptation is always there. When I try to talk to him about my goals, he gets defensive and says "fine, I just won't talk to you anymore" or something stupidly defensive like I'm blaming him and the kids because I can't lose weight. I'm not trying to place blame, but I wish he were more supportive.

I opened my diary for perusing, if anyone wants to give me input - although I can say that I don't journal like I should.

Weight loss is about calories. You need a calorie deficit from lowering your intake, increasing your burn or both.
    You don't have to eat a completely separate dinner or eat exactly what your husband eats. You can eat fast food and lose weight. Healthy diet is not a particular food but everything you consume each day adding up to meet your nutritional needs.

I just take a smaller portion and put more vegetables on my plate or have a salad with my meal. I might skip rice or bread that everyone else is eating sometimes.
    I find it very helpful to prelog my food for the whole day and then just eat what I logged.
    I look up nutritional info for restaurants and make choices that fit my calorie goal.
    I do 10-30 minute workout videos off of you tube or just walk around in my house.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all of the comments. I try to involve the kids when I can. I live in AZ, so with it being 95 degrees at 8 in the morning, going outside to play with them is hard, but I involve them when I can. I can't shut the door, because the treadmill is in the living room and my youngest is 2, so she doesn't understand my need for me time, but my oldest really tries to help and I let her know I appreciate that.
    I try to track my food carefully - my husband also refuses to eat healthy, so I have to make separate dinners, or make my own dinner when he wants fast food, but it's hard when the temptation is always there. When I try to talk to him about my goals, he gets defensive and says "fine, I just won't talk to you anymore" or something stupidly defensive like I'm blaming him and the kids because I can't lose weight. I'm not trying to place blame, but I wish he were more supportive.

I opened my diary for perusing, if anyone wants to give me input - although I can say that I don't journal like I should.

Is there a YMCA near you? The ones I've belonged to have babysitting, lots of programs for kids, activities for kids and parents, and sliding scales, if membership not fitting in the budget is a concern.

Lots of us have OHs who do not eat how we do.
    • I have proportionately more protein and veggies, and my OH has more carbs.
    • When we have steak, he has a green salad and potato salad, and I have Thai Beef Salad.
    • Some nights, like tonight, I'll tell him I'm having leftovers, and he's on his own.