Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Healthy Desserts?

2»

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    This was posted in another thread...and now I'm having practically everyday...SO amazingly good:))

If you have a blender you can make protein ice cream, makes a giant bowl and has changed my life <3

60 ml sugar free maple syrup
    120 ml unsweetened almond milk
    30g protein powder (recommend chocolate or cookies n cream)
    Entire tray of ice cubes
    3g xanthan gum

Add everything to the blender let it go 4-5 minutes.

Pour into a bowl and top with more syrup and a few crushed up cookies or pb2.. whatever you have the calories for.

150-160 calories depending on PP used and toppings. I will never waste $5 on Halo Top again!

Credit to this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqT4lOyxgR4skip to about 7 minutes in to see the magic happen :)

Protein fluff always seems like a great idea before I eat it.... Then I eat it, feel like I'm full of foam and about to regurgitate it and wonder why I didn't remember that from last time. It's nothing like icecream!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Just leave yourself enough calories for a little something you like. Work it into your plan. Desserts are not either inherently healthy or not healthy. They just tend to be calorie dense.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    haha.. I had a brief fling with Protein Fluff recipes. I didn't enjoy it much - certainly not ice cream like.

It did help me produce some epic burps though. Mrs Stealthhealth and the kids were not impressed (well the youngest was a little bit impressed "Burp the alphabet Dad!")
  • Amerek412
    Amerek412 Posts: 74 Member
    I get the "Enlightened" ice creams. They are a complete rip off of Halo Top (or vice versa, not sure which one came out first), but from the flavors I've tried I like it better than Halo Top. The Caramel Oatmeal Cookie is seriously one of the best ice creams I've ever had, even compared to regular ice cream. It's one of the higher calorie flavors that they offer, but it's still only 100cal per 1/2 cup (1/4 of the whole pint), so it's easy to save a small amount of calories and still be able to eat plenty to get my before-bed sweet fix

They have plenty of other flavors that are as low as 60cal per 1/2 cup too, that's 240cal for the entire pint!
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    This was posted in another thread...and now I'm having practically everyday...SO amazingly good:))

If you have a blender you can make protein ice cream, makes a giant bowl and has changed my life <3

60 ml sugar free maple syrup
    120 ml unsweetened almond milk
    30g protein powder (recommend chocolate or cookies n cream)
    Entire tray of ice cubes
    3g xanthan gum

Add everything to the blender let it go 4-5 minutes.

Pour into a bowl and top with more syrup and a few crushed up cookies or pb2.. whatever you have the calories for.

150-160 calories depending on PP used and toppings. I will never waste $5 on Halo Top again!

Protein fluff always seems like a great idea before I eat it.... Then I eat it, feel like I'm full of foam and about to regurgitate it and wonder why I didn't remember that from last time. It's nothing like icecream!

I don't consume the whole thing - maybe that's why I'm enjoying it so much (no 'regurgitation' impulses lol!!) and I also freeze it a bit more so it's really frosty and like an ice cream.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    My desert is usually some dark chocolate.

If we're having a cookout or something, i like having watermelon or some kind of fruit salad. I usually have cherries for desert after lunch when in season...they're one of my favorite things in the world.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    since its been hot lately I have been into Popsicle (the actual popsicle brand ones are 15 cals each so I can fit that in easily if I want something sweet)
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Lately I've been into making a baked apple with cinnamon and butter. Sometimes I make it even sweeter by adding some brown sugar. Yum!
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,241 Member
    I eat desert every day. Usually icecream but other deserts too. My diary is open. I don't consider them unhealthy. I consider them yummy!