What Pills Should I Take?

Options
2»

Replies

• hhua92
    hhua92 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What are you gauging your success on? There are many ways to determine success.

Plus, why not just eat a more balanced diet? Wouldn't you rather get your nutrition through food rather than eat a diet that isn't healthy or sustainable and try to make up for it with a supplement?

I'm gauging it on lbs at the moment. Also I have found that this diet is the easiest for me to lose weight with which is why I'm looking to stick to it for now (this is only a temporary thing until I get to my goal weight). I do try to balance things out which is why I've begun using MyFitnessPal though I've been looking for that extra something to make sure I'm getting most of the nutrients I need in a day.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    hhua92 wrote: »
    What are you gauging your success on? There are many ways to determine success.

Plus, why not just eat a more balanced diet? Wouldn't you rather get your nutrition through food rather than eat a diet that isn't healthy or sustainable and try to make up for it with a supplement?

I'm gauging it on lbs at the moment. Also I have found that this diet is the easiest for me to lose weight with which is why I'm looking to stick to it for now (this is only a temporary thing until I get to my goal weight). I do try to balance things out which is why I've begun using MyFitnessPal though I've been looking for that extra something to make sure I'm getting most of the nutrients I need in a day.

What's your plan for when you reach your GW? Any diet that isn't sustainable as your transition into your maintenance isn't really going to be effective in the long term. Why not move away from 'temporary' in an effort to create lasting change?

Keep in mind that the vitamins and nutrients that you get from a pill will not all absorb in your body in pill form. You really are much better off just eating actual food. Many V&M also need fat in order to absorb, so you really do need to eat more of it.
  • hhua92
    hhua92 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What is the other 25% of your diet made up of?

It's different every time because I go out to eat for dinner most of the time. It would either be chicken, salmon, salad, or a veggie+hummus sandwich.