Anyone else doing a sugar free diet?

Options

Replies

• 147Daneen
    147Daneen Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    amazing! thanks for sharing @GaleHawkins !
    @147Daneen thanks for the link. I wish I would have known to have started one three years ago. Our kids (19 years old) had been after me to do one for a long time and finally my son helped me set one up on squarespace.com. I want to turn in into a book after I retire and start speaking at health related conventions. I have a lot of work in front of me. [post edited by MFP mods]
  • hadassaa1
    hadassaa1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Trying here but keep failing, add me and let's motivate each other
  • Mummytofitmummy
    Mummytofitmummy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting out sugar in terms of chocolate etc and I've stopped having white bread etc but the only thing is the rice... Although I haven't eaten rice yet.
    But for me the worst was eating too much chocolate. One week has passed without it and I'm good.
  • Mummytofitmummy
    Mummytofitmummy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Add me if you wish
  • allthefruitsandveggies
    Options
    Aiming to do this - no bread and no refined sugar!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @147Daneen Good luck on your journey. I plan to follow your blog. I'm very interested in how you are doing with this. I'd love to be able to do it myself!

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    RedSierra wrote: »
    You can certainly cut out processed foods and eat whatever you want, but (1) almost everything is "processed" to some degree and (2) some form of sugar is in all vegetables and fruit, plus dairy. You would have very little left to eat.

I limit sugar in my diet because I have a medical problem -- and a control problem. It's easier for me to not eat sweets like donuts and candy than try to moderate them (more power to the people who have achieved moderation). If I want something sweet I will eat an apple or some strawberries -- the bulk in the fruit is good for me. However, I am still eating sugar.

This seems like a sensible approach.