Loose skin..

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tone loose skin after loosing 90lbs? (Arms,lower belly and thighs) I go to the gym 5 days a week but nothing...

Replies

• CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    I have no suggestions, but fantastic job! I think you look gorgeous regardless.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    I'm afraid not :( I'm using a firming cream along with the toning exercises... It's cocoa butter and makes me want to eat myself! :# It's not doing anything :(
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Well done :) I have the same problem. I was told by a plastic surgeon that I would need surgery because my skin lost elasticity and it wont tighten by itself.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    What loose skin? You look amazing!
  • ReesyIsLivingOnKeto
    ReesyIsLivingOnKeto Posts: 38 Member
    Add me as a friend. I do know body scrubs and message work. Keep skin moisturized
  • anabanana93277
    anabanana93277 Posts: 37 Member
    How do I add you?
  • doryllis
    doryllis Posts: 1 Member
    The other thing I've heard for dealing with the loose skin is, and we hear it all the time for weight loss, patience. It may not be as elastic on the return as it was on the stretch.

I've found (only 40 pounds so far):

A. Weight work to replace mass works great
    B. Moisturizer to support elasticity
    C. Support of the loose skin so it doesn't end up stretching more but becomes superfluous to the coverage equation.

Then let time and the fantastic organ that is your skin work it. If there is just too much for time and patience to result in any improvement before your patience runs out, consider surgery. If your weight loss was faster, the skin doesn't have as much time to retract. (My modest weight loss so far is over about 2 years)
  • anabanana93277
    It took me a year to lose the weight
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Sadly, you can't get rid of loose skin. You can either fill it up with muscle or get a doctor to cut it off. Otherwise, drink lots of water to help it stay elastic and less wrinkly.
  • anabanana93277
    At my age, I did all this without surgery I don't really want to have surgery....Thank You! So much
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    I was informed by a trainer that some of the loose skin still contains stubborn fat that will eventually break down but my doctor told me some if it is genetics, age and what your body has been through during the past years - all of which is history and pretty unchangeable. I feel the same as you about surgery but a friend of mine had a tummy tuck last year and WOW. She was never overweight but after three kids .... Anyway after witnessing her experience I may rethink. Good luck on your journey. Your successes are an inspiration
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    It took about 2 years for my belly skin to tighten up after losing weight - and I lost way less than you...so, give it time, it might continue to improve some...I used coconut oil and some arbonne cream that seemed to help...let me dig up the name for you...arbonne RE9 firming body cream...it seemed to help for about 30 days, like I could see real improvement in that time period based on before/after photos...after that time it didn't seem to do much...I think a small jar was $20 on ebay, and a little goes a long way...
  • kdewey7
    kdewey7 Posts: 13 Member
    Congrats on your loss! You look amazing!
  • anabanana93277
    Thank You!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    Loose skin retracts on it's own and how much will depend on age, genetics, how long one was overweight before losing it, and elasticity.
    There's not much one can do if it hasn't retracted after a couple of years of waiting. There are NO CREAMS, TOPICALS, WRAPS, MASSAGES, DRY BRUSHING, etc. that affect reducing skin. You can TRY to fill out a little of it by adding more muscle or regain the weight (of course not desireable). The ONLY way after is to do it by having skin removal surgery or accept you will have loose skin.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    michellesz wrote: »
    Congrats to you. I lost over 80 pounds as well. Strength training and building muscle is the best suggestion for toning and firming loose skin. I’d take the excess skin any day to being overweight. I was very fortunate to just some in the abdomen area only. Suggestions that may help would be to increase water intake, weight resistance and strength training and moisturize. Squats and lunges and hydrants may help with lower areas. Planks and core exercises and the vacuum exercise which is an exercise which involves contracting some internal abdominal muscles, primarily the transverse abdominal muscles may help. :)
    Unfortunately, spot exercising areas does nothing to the skin to tighten it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    michellesz wrote: »
    Congrats to you. I lost over 80 pounds as well. Strength training and building muscle is the best suggestion for toning and firming loose skin. I’d take the excess skin any day to being overweight. I was very fortunate to just some in the abdomen area only. Suggestions that may help would be to increase water intake, weight resistance and strength training and moisturize. Squats and lunges and hydrants may help with lower areas. Planks and core exercises and the vacuum exercise which is an exercise which involves contracting some internal abdominal muscles, primarily the transverse abdominal muscles may help. :)
    Unfortunately, spot exercising areas does nothing to the skin to tighten it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

But it might help the appearance if loose skin by tightening up some muscle behind it, I'd think.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Would the moisturizing and stuff help prevent a bit if I'm at the BEGINNING of my 100+ pound weight loss, instead of waiting until I have a big deflated skin sack?
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    No idea. I keep hearing surgery's the only way. I've been moisturizing with coconut oil. Not sure if it's helping Lol.