Loose skin..

Options
2»

Replies

• msdemmie
    msdemmie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Now wondering why I am bothering , fed up of the loose flabby skin and wrinkles after 18kg loss , let alone the rest that will come with the next 18 kg loss - how depressing
  • anabanana93277
    anabanana93277 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    msdemmie wrote: »
    Now wondering why I am bothering , fed up of the loose flabby skin and wrinkles after 18kg loss , let alone the rest that will come with the next 18 kg loss -

I pick now (flabby skin) vs then now being able to do half the things I can now❤️
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    dealing with the skin sag already.. ugh but still determined to keep losing.. best sag than morbidly obese ...
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    I lost over 100 lbs and had loose skin. Over the years I tried laser tightening, creams, lotions, ice bath (not fun), waste tightener, etc to no avail. Depending on how bad your loose skin is, there is nothing out there that will fix the elasticity of loose skin if it's been overstretched for too long other than surgery.

There's two current surgeries that doctors are using for loose skin depending on your circumstance.
    1. Panniculectomy: A surgery that removes loose/excess skin and fat from the lower stomach but no repairing of the abdominals.
    2. Abdominoplasty: Also known as a "tummy tuck" removes loose/excess skin and fat, usually a larger incision and also sutures the abdominal muscles back to the wall and repairs them from excess weight.

I decided to go for the abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) with Dr modifications. It cost me $6.4k and I still have some minor skin but I'd do it again in a second. If I were to do it again, I'd also have them do my muffin tops because there's a little loose skin there.

There's a surgery website called RealSelf (http://www.realself.com/) where real people who have surgeries from specific doctors post their reviews, pictures and rating of the doctors. It's an invaluable site if you're considering elective surgery.

WARNING: The site contains some nudity with pictures of people posting their surgery pictures.

Not sure if that helps at all! B)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    It took me a year to lose the weight

And it might take another year for your skin to recover as much as it's going to. Even in my 50's I saw improvement in my loose skin a year after my initial weight loss.

Remember just like fat you can't exercise skin and you certainly aren't going to add back 90bs of muscle.
    Exercise for the health benefits and also a good "frame" to hang your skin on...

To the greatest extent you are where you are where you are with all the factors that you can't now change: age, previous size, how blessed you are genetically with good skin.

Enjoy your success and remember your body continues to change and improve at maintenance, what you see now isn't the best you are going to be.
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    Now wondering why I am bothering , fed up of the loose flabby skin and wrinkles after 18kg loss , let alone the rest that will come with the next 18 kg loss - how depressing

It certainly is a little disappointing but given the choice, I'd rather be a healthy optimal weight with loose skin than overweight with fat filled skin. :p
  • anabanana93277
    Options
    I do have to say, I have started a “fit class” Full body conditioning class at the gym.. and have started seeing amazing results! It may not all go away..but in a year or so I hope most will...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    I do have to say, I have started a “fit class” Full body conditioning class at the gym.. and have started seeing amazing results! It may not all go away..but in a year or so I hope most will...
    Based on your pics, you don't have much to lose. Losing 100lbs or more leaves people with much more loose skin, than from just a 20lbs loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • anabanana93277
    Options
    I am trying tone.ar this point...since I changed my “lifestyle “ and know I eat healthy...I got off the scale for now and started “toning”
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    Options

projectsix wrote: »
    I lost over 100 lbs and had loose skin. Over the years I tried laser tightening, creams, lotions, ice bath (not fun), waste tightener, etc to no avail. Depending on how bad your loose skin is, there is nothing out there that will fix the elasticity of loose skin if it's been overstretched for too long other than surgery.

There's two current surgeries that doctors are using for loose skin depending on your circumstance.
    1. Panniculectomy: A surgery that removes loose/excess skin and fat from the lower stomach but no repairing of the abdominals.
    2. Abdominoplasty: Also known as a "tummy tuck" removes loose/excess skin and fat, usually a larger incision and also sutures the abdominal muscles back to the wall and repairs them from excess weight.

I decided to go for the abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) with Dr modifications. It cost me $6.4k and I still have some minor skin but I'd do it again in a second. If I were to do it again, I'd also have them do my muffin tops because there's a little loose skin there.

There's a surgery website called RealSelf (http://www.realself.com/) where real people who have surgeries from specific doctors post their reviews, pictures and rating of the doctors. It's an invaluable site if you're considering elective surgery.

WARNING: The site contains some nudity with pictures of people posting their surgery pictures.

Not sure if that helps at all! B)

How did skin tightening go? Was it expensive and worth it by a bit? Did you ever try any abonne body cream?
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

It's much easier to camouflage loose skin in cute clothes than it is fat ;)