Money incentive weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• StaceyO444
    StaceyO444 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've done kickstarter dietbets since January. No fad diets, just following MFP. But it's helped to keep me motivated.
  • CinnyAnn78
    CinnyAnn78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    joeboland wrote: »
    xmichaelyx wrote: »
    It's an excellent way to temporarily lose weight and then gain it all back. I've never seen it work permanently, since it does nothing to teach or promote intelligent lifestyle changes that could lead to actual fitness.

My old office did a weight loss competition every year for money, and every year it was the same people who are "really, really going to lose permanently this year."

Agreed. It's highly unlikely to give long-term results, and I've seen it wreak havoc on people in the short term. People will go to insanely unhealthy lengths to try and profit from the monetization of weight loss.

If you are on Instagram or Facebook please look up FatgirlFedUp. She has lost 298 lbs by only diet and exercise and she participates and host dietbets. Very motivational! 4% in 4 weeks is pretty reasonable i believe.
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    Tim Ferriss mentions a few of these places on his blog. If you're uncertain go to his site and look around.