Having trouble losing (lower) stomach fat

Options
13»

Replies

• Eva_M97
    Eva_M97 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    You should not have said how much you eat on here. If someone says they do something unhealthy on here then the thread will get derailed from the original point.
    As for your actual question the fat comes off from all over your body and there is no way to control the places that you lose it. So long as the number on the scale is lower than when you started then you are losing weight and eventually you will lose the fat from around your waist.

This may be true... but a large % of loss will come from fat with a smaller deficit. OP, get adequate protein, eat enought (set your goal to lose 2 lbs/week if you have 75 lbs to lose, 1.5 if 50-75, 1 if 15-50, and 0.5 if 10 or less) eat some exercise calories back, and do some strength training to help retain muscle so most of your loss comes from fat.

I'm trying to lose about 8-10kg still , according to Google that's like 22 pounds? And 1 lbs per week is maybe half or 1 kg less than I'm losing now, so I would lose 1 lbs in week as you suggest by just eating more ?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Eva_M97 wrote: »
    jennit1801 wrote: »
    I agree with the above comments about undereating. Eat more of the good stuff -- veggies, healthy fats and lean protein. Eat small meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism revved up too!

I will reevaluate my diet, I know I keep saying I feel normal since I'm not hungry during the day and get the feeling of a full stomach after a meal but as some said that might just be bc my body is used to it and goes into "starvation mode"? I don't really know how much more can I eat but maybe a little by little by increasing the portion size, id still like to keep the carbs low like 20-30g per day , and I'm kinda concerned about the fats :/ but I guess I can increase them a little bit and protein ofc. anyway, thanks

Fat helps keep your hair nails and skin glowy and beautiful i actively seek out extra healthy fats. Fats dont make you fat. Their necessary. FYI i eat a high carb diet and lost 100 pounds in a year eating what i wanted and not starving. I am now a healthy weight. Carbs are fuel, Dont fear them.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    You should not have said how much you eat on here. If someone says they do something unhealthy on here then the thread will get derailed from the original point.
    As for your actual question the fat comes off from all over your body and there is no way to control the places that you lose it. So long as the number on the scale is lower than when you started then you are losing weight and eventually you will lose the fat from around your waist.

This may be true... but a large % of loss will come from fat with a smaller deficit. OP, get adequate protein, eat enought (set your goal to lose 2 lbs/week if you have 75 lbs to lose, 1.5 if 50-75, 1 if 15-50, and 0.5 if 10 or less) eat some exercise calories back, and do some strength training to help retain muscle so most of your loss comes from fat.

I'm trying to lose about 8-10kg still , according to Google that's like 22 pounds? And 1 lbs per week is maybe half or 1 kg less than I'm losing now, so I would lose 1 lbs in week as you suggest by just eating more ?

Yes I think a pound a week is the absolute max you should aim for, I don't know your BMI but personally I think if you are in the healthy BMI range already 1/2 is the best bet (that's what I aim for to try to preserve as much muscle as possible whilst I shift my last 10 pounds) Upping your protein is always good but seriously don't worry about upping your fat and carbs too your body will burn it off because you're in a deficit and if you're doing the strength training you can definitely ease up on the cardio if you're struggling to eat back the deficit you're building up. x
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Savyna wrote: »
    From my experience I felt horrible after 5 days of eating about 300-600 calories (a long time ago when I was afraid to eat and thought 1200 was too much). I was in college and just felt like death on that 4th night. I don't understand how someone could eat as little as you say you are, workout as much as you say you are and feel perfectly fine.

Unless you are weighing everything with a food scale I believe you're eating much more than you think you are. You don't have to eat so little to lose weight; that was the best thing I learned this time around. I'm much more happier and healthier (mentally and physically) realizing that.

There might be differences between people on this ? Maybe it's about getting the right macronutrients

Yeah right, you are a special snowflake......Good luck, you are going to need it.....
  • Eva_M97
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    From my experience I felt horrible after 5 days of eating about 300-600 calories (a long time ago when I was afraid to eat and thought 1200 was too much). I was in college and just felt like death on that 4th night. I don't understand how someone could eat as little as you say you are, workout as much as you say you are and feel perfectly fine.

Unless you are weighing everything with a food scale I believe you're eating much more than you think you are. You don't have to eat so little to lose weight; that was the best thing I learned this time around. I'm much more happier and healthier (mentally and physically) realizing that.

There might be differences between people on this ? Maybe it's about getting the right macronutrients

Yeah right, you are a special snowflake......Good luck, you are going to need it.....

mean :/ im a beginner in all of this, i don't know *kitten*
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @Eva_M97 (Eva's my niece's name. Love it!)

Read through these awesome threads. They have all the tips to get you started, healthily.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1 (Point #1 in this one is definitely for you! BTW, @usmcmp is one of the most knowledgeable people on this site, so believe her. ;) )
  • Eva_M97
    Options
    @Eva_M97 (Eva's my niece's name. Love it!)

Read through these awesome threads. They have all the tips to get you started, healthily.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1 (Point #1 in this one is definitely for you! BTW, @usmcmp is one of the most knowledgeable people on this site, so believe her. ;) )

OK thank you ! I'll look at these
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »

mean :/ im a beginner in all of this, i don't know *kitten*

1200 cals is the lowest amount you can eat and still get adequate nutrition
  • princeofmind
    princeofmind Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    DamieBird wrote: »

Not to ignore the OP's original question, but the reason that threads get derailed after an OP mentions something very unhealthy is because it's UNHEALTHY, possibly to a dangerous degree. People are just trying to help by addressing the bigger issue. The stomach fat is far less important than the fact that OP appears to be consuming dangerously low calories. Not only is it important to address this with OP, but also to address it for any thread lurkers who want to know how to lose weight the healthy way. #sorrynotsorry

I have no problem with people addressing the issue. But I do prefer it when people mention it at the same time as answering the original question and if they do not have an answer to the original question then to at least check if its already been posted 1000 times on the thread already.