NEED PROTEIN IDEAS

Options
Hi, I am trying to obtain more protein ideas that does not have a lot of carbs. I am not much of a meat eater; but, will try to eat more if i need to...but, if you have more ideas around protein foods...please i would luv to hear them. Thank you.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Eggs, fish, protein powder (you can use it for more than shakes), cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, navy beans (also a decent fiber source)
  • jcummings6
    jcummings6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been having egg whites and deli meat for breakfast, low calories but loads of protein, morning snack is a Greek yogurt (look at labels the ones I get are 15g protein for 120cal some are much less protein. Then lunch is usually a salad and chicken (you could do tuna or salmon too) then an afternoon protein bar that is lower calorie (under 200) with 20g of protein and dinner ends up being a lean protein and veggies. Chicken, turkey, sometimes pork.... I can eat chicken at every meal because there are so many ways it can be prepared.
  • jcummings6
    jcummings6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Oh and fish is super low calories for lots of protein...
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, non fat plain Greek yogurt, non fat cottage cheese, protein powder
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,907 Member
    Options
    Take a look at this thread (link below). It links to a spreadsheet that lists many foods by protein efficiency: Highest protein for fewest calories. Scroll through it, find foods you like, eat more of them. At the top, you'll find lots of meaty/fishy stuff, but the veg options are there further down, and the more efficient ones will tend to be relatively lower carb/fat, by definition.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    All beans and quinoa
  • CJYogii
    CJYogii Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes ;)
  • allisonfarrier4940
    allisonfarrier4940 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Shrimp is one of my all time favorite proteins! And protein shakes. I almost always hit my macros
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Beef Jerky
  • PaganUK
    PaganUK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Eggs, fish, protein powder (you can use it for more than shakes), cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, navy beans (also a decent fiber source)

as above. also Quorn products are fabulous for protein content
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Other than lean meats, egg whites, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and other cheeses