Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NEED PROTEIN IDEAS

Hi, I am trying to obtain more protein ideas that does not have a lot of carbs. I am not much of a meat eater; but, will try to eat more if i need to...but, if you have more ideas around protein foods...please i would luv to hear them. Thank you.

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Eggs, fish, protein powder (you can use it for more than shakes), cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, navy beans (also a decent fiber source)
  • jcummings6
    jcummings6 Posts: 72 Member
    Lately I've been having egg whites and deli meat for breakfast, low calories but loads of protein, morning snack is a Greek yogurt (look at labels the ones I get are 15g protein for 120cal some are much less protein. Then lunch is usually a salad and chicken (you could do tuna or salmon too) then an afternoon protein bar that is lower calorie (under 200) with 20g of protein and dinner ends up being a lean protein and veggies. Chicken, turkey, sometimes pork.... I can eat chicken at every meal because there are so many ways it can be prepared.
  • jcummings6
    jcummings6 Posts: 72 Member
    Oh and fish is super low calories for lots of protein...
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Egg whites, non fat plain Greek yogurt, non fat cottage cheese, protein powder
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,653 Member
    Take a look at this thread (link below). It links to a spreadsheet that lists many foods by protein efficiency: Highest protein for fewest calories. Scroll through it, find foods you like, eat more of them. At the top, you'll find lots of meaty/fishy stuff, but the veg options are there further down, and the more efficient ones will tend to be relatively lower carb/fat, by definition.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    All beans and quinoa
  • CJYogii
    CJYogii Posts: 24 Member
    Protein pancakes ;)
  • allisonfarrier4940
    allisonfarrier4940 Posts: 21 Member
    Shrimp is one of my all time favorite proteins! And protein shakes. I almost always hit my macros
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Beef Jerky
  • PaganUK
    PaganUK Posts: 238 Member
    Eggs, fish, protein powder (you can use it for more than shakes), cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, navy beans (also a decent fiber source)

as above. also Quorn products are fabulous for protein content
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Other than lean meats, egg whites, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and other cheeses