Cheat meal! How many calories do you allow yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Jfitness57 wrote: »
    Jfitness57 wrote: »
    I kinda have a cheat everyday so that I don't feel like I'm being to restrictive.. I usually have a couple of freddo frogs. I've seen been losing weight, but I am very conscious about serving sizes for all my other meals and keep it on the small side so that I can indulge then the fat foods that I like.

How is that cheating?

Because I could have made clean treats and I don't- I opt for a easy prepackaged fat/sugar cheat. As someone thats just had another baby (4mths ago), I'm mindful of what im eating so I can get back to 59kgs in time for my wedding in a cpl of weeks. It may not be a cheat in the bodybuilding world haha but I'm not i that world so its a cheat for me in the context I've described above ☺️)

But it fits your calories. "clean" treats (whatever they are) still have calories, often more, and all food is fat/sugar/protein regardless. There is no difference in eating a freddo or something else treaty, if you're accounting for the calories, you're going to get to your goal just the same way.

Not sure what bodybuilding has to do with it.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I shoot for a sensible portion of something I wouldn't normally have. I will eat a burger but have a side salad instead of fries after all I am not a huge fry fan anyways. I shoot to indulge but not wreck my week of hard work.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »
    There are no such things as cheat meals, because this is not a contest or a marriage. I call them free meals, because I don't worry about how many calories are in the meal. I generally try to exercise a bit more for a day or two before and after, and still log it as close as possible. But a little more exceecise will balance it out, and a few calories extra once in a while won't destroy you.

There's no such thing as a free meal. Nothing is free

By free, I don't mean I won't pay for it, just that I'm going to eat freely that meal, without worrying overmuch about content or calorie count. I "pay" for it by, as I mentioned, by excercising more for a couple days before and after, and generally skipping some goodies for a couple of days. Exercising more eventually balances out a big meal.