"Are you trying to find a man?"

Options
2»

Replies

• Ouiser8
    Ouiser8 Posts: 10 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    God, I'm like the biggest mystery to coworkers and relatives - I haven't had a relationship in years (my choice) and people become obsessed with my single status. I'm 29, apparently I should be fishing. When I was overweight, they could just assume that it was because I was fat and no man wanted me. Um, no, it's cause I don't want no man. But now that I'm on a diet, suddenly I'm getting all the "who is he" questions. Blah.

I just... don't wanna. I don't want to justify why I'm not with anyone.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to find my pants.

You left them over here
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to find my pants.

Did you look under HIS bed?

Found em! They were hanging from the chandelier in the entryway.

Oh, that makes complete sense. I am guessing your shirt was on the front porch then?

Socks and shoes were on the front porch. My shirt was in the freezer with my beloved Halo Top.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    PAGinger wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone else, but it drives me NUTS every time someone comments on my weight loss and then asks me if I'm trying to get a boyfriend.

First of all, "finding a man" is the last thing on my mind since I already have someone. Second, there are more important reasons I'm working on getting off this weight; my knee replacements could last longer than 10-15 years, clothes look better (and easier to find than when I was a size 32), and most important, I'll live a longer, healthier life.

Why on earth does anyone think a woman's main goal for losing weight is getting male attention? Anyone want to chime in their thoughts?

First off I think you're an inspiration. Not everyone is here for the same reasons, and you have a wonderful outlook.
    I would tell the people that assume why you're losing weight to shove it.
    You shouldn't have to explain why you're losing weight, if they can't figure it out it's their problem. It's your body, your life.
  • PAGinger
    PAGinger Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Are you by chance a ginger from Pennsylvania? lol because I am too

As matter of fact, I am! :smiley:

• TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I never understood this either. Lots of fat people meet and fall in love and get married.. etc etc... when people ask that stuff I immediately know how shallow they are.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    People will always find some sort of weird rude question to ask.
    I lost the majority of my weight right around age 34-37 and at that time I was already in a relationship/married, but multiple acquaintances asked if I was trying to conceive.
    I have been staunchly childfree by choice since my teens.

During that period of time we had a major pregnancy scare and my then-boyfriend (now husband) had a vasectomy, as well, to avoid an oops in the future. Made it even funnier and more obnoxious when they asked about trying to conceive. smh
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    Yes. I mean, how on Earth could I live life without a man?.... Oh, wait.................................... Yay for brains and the ability to use them!

SRSY?! WTF!