Bra help

Options
So. I've lost 21.5 lbs. I still have 13 more to lose.
My bras are huge. The only ones I've owned that fit properly are from Victoria secret.
Can anyone suggest somewhere I should get bras, even on a temporary basis until the girls are done shrinking?
I don't want to be super expensive if I don't need to be with my body changing. I need something comfortable, not too much padding.

Replies

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I like expensive bras, so I buy them off Ebay. Lots of new stuff at deep discount out there.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Is there an Addition-Elle where you live? I've found that their staff are pretty good at doing fittings and they're a general plus-sized store. I'm probably going to keep shopping there for bras, even as the rest of me is moving out of their target sizing.
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I've used amazon for cheaper bras since I'm still fluctuating in weight.
    I like these warner bras - simple and $20.
    https://amazon.com/gp/product/B01GF0PDIW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1
    Plus if you have prime, they're free shipping/returns
    I'm around a 38DD for reference
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Depending on where you live marshals or tj max are great for good inexpensive bras. Hanes bras from target/Walmart are also good for everyday if you're not looking for anything fancy.
  • BeverlyMarsh1986
    BeverlyMarsh1986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My favorites are from H&M and they are way cheaper than VS. I've also bought gently used bras from ebay before.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    What size range are we talking here? The L'eggs Hanes Bali outlet stores are great for the most common sizes. If you don't have an outlet mall easily accessible you can order online, http://www.onehanesplace.com/ If you need larger sizes, Just My Size and Full Beauty are great online resources for lower prices bras.

Just remember that the most important thing is to get one that fits properly around the band. Most women buy too big a band and too small of cups. Your proportions will be changing so if you wear a 40dd, you may have to go down to a 40d, or a 38dd, or even a 36ddd
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I recommend going to a store that has a fitter to take your new measurements. Then try on four or five of their bras to see which ones you prefer. Keep track of the brands you like; you can wait to buy them cheaper on line if you want to. Online resources are dandy, if you know your size first.

I got a soft pretty bra at Thirdlove.com. I think they're great for fluctuating weight, because they even offer half sizes! Here's their fit finder: https://www.thirdlove.com/pages/fit-finder#/

• rz9liason
    rz9liason Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I strongly recommend finding a bra shop where the women can take your measurement and fit your bra to your current size. It makes all of the difference in the world! I explained to the "bra women!" that I was losing weight and they helped me with my daily bras and ones for exercising. We discussed normal wear and tear, how to properly clean the bras and to come stop by to determine if/when it was time to move to a smaller size.

Good luck!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I buy mine from Uniqlo. They are padded but without underwire. They come in XS-to XL. lol. I can't be bothered with cup sizes anymore.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Cheap padded sports bras saved my life while i lost....seriously
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    What size range are we talking here? The L'eggs Hanes Bali outlet stores are great for the most common sizes. If you don't have an outlet mall easily accessible you can order online, http://www.onehanesplace.com/ If you need larger sizes, Just My Size and Full Beauty are great online resources for lower prices bras.

Just remember that the most important thing is to get one that fits properly around the band. Most women buy too big a band and too small of cups. Your proportions will be changing so if you wear a 40dd, you may have to go down to a 40d, or a 38dd, or even a 36ddd

Before I was a 34D now I'm not quite sure. Before I gained weight I was a 34B. So I'm either going to be sized or try a few different sizes at the store, depending on where I end of venturing to do so.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    For inexpensive, start with Walmart.

I'm probably going to try on some bras at Walmart since I have to go there anyway.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Lots of lingerie stores are clearing stuff out right now maybe try there first.

If you've lots weight you might now be 32. I was resized recently and went from a 36 to 34.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I went to Kohl's. They have a food selection and constant sales.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I agree with getting properly fitted and then buying some cheaper bras for now. I've also done Amazon and ebay for good deals.
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

I got a soft pretty bra at Thirdlove.com. I think they're great for fluctuating weight, because they even offer half sizes! Here's their fit finder: https://www.thirdlove.com/pages/fit-finder#/

I can't wait to get one from there!! I just can't justify spending that much on a bra right now
  • meganw2020
    meganw2020 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Tj Maxx, Ross or Marshalls are all great options for cheap bras, usually $14.99 and under. They usually have good brands too, Maidenform, Warner's, Calvin Klein, ect.
  • Kim_S_G
    Kim_S_G Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I suggest you start by measuring yourself. I recently found the subreddit /r/ABraThatFits. It has a link to bra size calculator and information on what bra styles are best for your particular shape (example: full on top, full on botttom, etc.). Once you know your (approximate) size then you can go online to see if a particular store carries your size.

If you are in a typical size range, then Kohls and JCPenney are good places to start.

Online stores like Amazon, HerRoom, and Bare Necessities carry many more sizes and have a wide variety of styles and price points.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Jdismybug1 wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »

Before I was a 34D now I'm not quite sure. Before I gained weight I was a 34B. So I'm either going to be sized or try a few different sizes at the store, depending on where I end of venturing to do so.

You definitely should be sized. When you find a size and brand that works, shop around to get the best price. Just realize that your size will change as you lose more so it isn't just a matter of dropping down a band size, the cup size also changes (sometimes down but also sometimes up)