Mum of bride

Hi I literally need to starve myself wedding is may but I'm ordering my dress Nov hopefully it will be taken in however iv four months to drop at least 3 dress sizes it's hard iv lost just under one stone in a month it needs to speed up I need motivation was good but just had a holiday

Replies

• andi545
    andi545 Posts: 46 Member
    So May is my motivation plus ordering my dress in Nov I literally need to starve myself I will loose three dress sizes by then plus I want it taken in my may ...,, help advice anything how to stop my sweet tooth
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,842 Member
    Don't starve yourself! Eat at a sensible deficit, log all your food with a scale in grams, and make sure you don't lose too much muscle mass. Muscles is what makes you look good. You can only lose so much bodyfat in a day. If you go too aggressive then you lose muscles as well, and it's so easy to lose muscles but so difficult to get them back. Good muscles prevent osteoporosis.
  • andi545
    My name is Andi , I'm on a drastic sort my life out mission my issue is I am a grazer with a sweet tooth
  • Sibellaxxx1
    Sibellaxxx1 Posts: 8 Member
    Hey Andi! I really hope you can reach your goals before the big day. Firstly, it's best to start slow. If you aren't into exercising I recommend you get into it. Start off by walking 30 minutes each day then go up to an hour after two weeks. Try and get some body workouts like lunges into it too. Boxing is also a lot of fun, if you want to replace it for cardio so you don't get bored. Try out your local bootcamp or join the gym if you want to try something different. Maybe get a family member to start with you so you don't lose motivation.

Secondly you need to change your diet ! This makes up a lot of your weight loss. For me what works is throwing out anything that's bad from the fridge. Literally! And try and keep yourself occupied so you are not thinking about food all the time. What I like to do if I'm really hungry is have a protein shake as a snack to keep me full through out the day. Try and get one that's tasty so you don't get bored of it and it will actually will feel like a sweet.

Sweets are so good but try and replace them with an actual meal. Instead of bingeing at night have a full nutritious meal for dinner so you aren't craving food later. Try out different healthy foods and see what works for you. Chicken, salmon, avocado, eggs, spinach and lettuce can all taste really good if you put them into a healthy meal by mixing some of the ingredients together. I'm personally not a big fan of veggies so I try and have lettuce instead with a squeeze of lemon and chicken.

I'm no expert, but this is what helps me when I'm cutting down.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    You have over 8 months to lose your weight, maybe 7 if you get the fitting a month early. Slow and steady wins the race. 3 dress sizes about 30 lbs. ? You can aim for 5 - 8 lbs. a month. Up your water, do a hobby using your hands or other things to keep you busy and away from the sweets. Congrats!
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Wedding in May and you're ordering the dress in November?

That is one hell of a lead time - I would suggest that the dress supplier (if made to measure) could easily work to a 3 month window - even allowing for a month for alterations (very, very generous) you'd be looking at March 2018. For pseudo-off the peg (as per most bridesmaids suppliers) they can routinely hit 6 weeks and at a push 4.

• andi545
    Hi yes iv def changed my food I limit treats to one day and less of them I also go for diet drinks failure is not a option iv done well in a month just under a stone this included a holiday which included booze yes iv been trying to walk one day I'll enjoy it but for now I'll just crack on and do it
    If I feel the need for chocolate I'd loose a meal though only done it once as I was not hungry
  • ascheidexiv
    ascheidexiv Posts: 13 Member
    Good luck! I'm prepping for a wedding, too, and the prospect of photographers being there to capture the moment forever is a big motivation! :D
  • andi545
    Iv got till may however I want to order my dress November it's good motivation
    I don't want to be a blob mum of the bride
  • ascheidexiv
    ascheidexiv Posts: 13 Member
    You won't be a blob! And you have plenty of time. My wedding is in May, too.
  • andi545
    Thanks ours is Cyprus and yes motivation
  • andi545
    Morning to both of you yes I'm logging food down and have lost the 1.3 kg I gained on holiday
    Our wedding is on the beach and I will be in the dress I want it's perfect and failing isn't a option
    I'm back in work Wednesday so less time to pick and loose my way
    Thanks
  • andi545
    My dress is being made they advise 3 months but four to be safe
  • andi545
    So iv currently lost just under a stone I gained 1.3 kg on my holiday but it's gone yay
    So no I'm not starving myself I'm treating myself to a takeaway once a week, I log everything I eat , I try to walk I hate it but I try , I will be three sizes smaller November and by April I aim to have it taken in a bit if needed, it's not off the peg but I love it 3 months is the delivery time but was advised 4 just in case
    Iv done well so far and yes failing isn't option back in work Wednesday so less time to pick my down fall
    This forum is great for motivation