Mum of bride

Replies

• andi545
    andi545 Posts: 46 Member
    They have a house and of course it's about the bride totally but not wrong to want to be my best
  • andi545
    In what way red flags
  • andi545
    Exactly it's a figure of speech " our wedding " the happy couple are organising it all with help from both sets of parents
  • andi545
    Our wedding is a figure of speech totally and yes I won't fail on my aim to be the best I can be why not, for any event who doesn't want the perfect dress , most people do it's normal
  • andi545
    As mum of the bride the day will be special to them yes maybe " our wedding " is no more than a figure of speech point taken all chill it's a word
    The day will be her lovely dress is currently sat upstairs ready just to be altered
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Well you dont even mention your stats
    Height? weight? age?

Without this its impossible to tell if losing three dress sizes will even happen, Although you still have quite awhile so it probably wont be an issue.
  • andi545
    160 kg
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2017
    352 lbs. Consider joining a group such as http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery
    Open your diary and share daily with the group (go to settings). Get a food scale today. This place can be very supportive. Even if you have a bad day and eat a bag of chips, log it !
    I'm on the DASH diet and it's working. Only hard part for me is not eating fast food or frozen meals. http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/guide/dash-diet#1
  • andi545
    I log everything I eat and drink just got scales funny enough so will help
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    I understand wanting to look great for a big day. We recently had a big reunion with family I hadn't seen in years. I was almost panicked over my appearance as I had only recently started MFP. The dreaded family photos!! In the short time I had I knew there wasn't much I could do. I followed my diet and exercise plan I had started recently; losing even a few pounds made me feel better on the inside. Got a haircut and some new clothes and showed up with a smile on my face. All I am saying is do the best you can in the coming months, but don't obsess over being a certain dress size. Of course you want to look great, who doesn't? But focus on reasonable weight loss goals. By taking care of yourself in the coming months you will feel so much better on the big day, inside and out.
  • andi545
    I'm def plodding though it slow and steady I am prone to panic mode lol
  • andi545
    I was bang on track and I had a holiday gin and tonic called my name not good for diets yes I'm bloody proud of my achievement so far
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    andi545 wrote: »
    I was bang on track and I had a holiday gin and tonic called my name not good for diets yes I'm bloody proud of my achievement so far

one drink will not blow your diet - did you log and count the calories?
  • andi545
    Yes I did but our big booze night we didn't eat really and back to work Wednesday so no booze
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Sorry, a little off topic, but I read the 'our wedding' and wondered if you were from northern England. Then I saw the 'mum' word and wondered even more.

I am originally from Manchester, live in western Canada now, and people are always amused by my use of 'our'.

As for the dress and weight loss. Excellent work giving yourself time to lose some weight before November.
    Stick to your plan, log all the G&T's- you can really cut the cals by ordering 0cal tonic B), and be happy at whatever loss you achieve because your dress will be made to fit, and a well fitting dress does wonders.

Be gentle with yourself.

Cheers, h.