Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Mr. Rogers was an ordained Presbyterian minister.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    TIL when George Washington died in 1799, Napoleon ordered 10 days of nationwide mourning in France.
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    TIL the juicy details of a vasectomy.

*begins drinking heavily*
  • kindalikevelma
    kindalikevelma Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    TIL the juicy details of a vasectomy.

*begins drinking heavily*

I have a whole story around that. It involves a smoking hot nurse, a decoy, and an old German doctor. @kindalikevelma

Im listening...

• R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    My teen told me your favorite song is supposed to represent something that impacted your life. She told me this after she asked me to play my favorite song for her. She listened to the song and that was the end of it. I need to find a new 'favorite' song 😂
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    My teen told me your favorite song is supposed to represent something that impacted your life. She told me this after she asked me to play my favorite song for her. She listened to the song and that was the end of it. I need to find a new 'favorite' song 😂

What song is it?
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL Kevin Smith opened his home to Stan Lee after reports of elder abuse.
  • cee134
    edited November 2018
    Options
    TIL Mark Twain loved cats. Some reports say he owned as many as 32, he would write them into his stories, and would even rent them on vacation. He once wrote “When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction.”

3kplya8y0t52.jpg
  • ailsalw
    ailsalw Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Not to fall for sweet talking BS
    🤬
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

What a delightful child.
  • cee134
    Options
    ailsalw wrote: »
    Not to fall for sweet talking BS
    🤬

Welcome to MFP. Be careful.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that Tupac Shakur auditioned to play the role of Mace Windu in Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL retailers will often get in defective lower quality models of popular products, known as derivatives, specifically for Black Friday. These inferior models are made with cheaper materials and have different bar codes from the actual product. This makes Black Friday one of the worst times to shop.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL during the Great Depression, a businessman convinced struggling families from a small town in Florida to buy Coca-Cola shares. The town is now filled with "secret Coke millionaires".
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL Woodrow Wilson is the only U.S. president to have a doctorate degree, technically allowing him the title “Dr. President”.
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I don't have a lot of pictures of myself. Looking for an updated picture for my professional profile and can't find much.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL In 2006, a Coca-Cola employee offered to sell Coca-Cola secrets to Pepsi. Pepsi responded by notifying Coca-Cola.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL String cheese is made by heating mozzarella to 60 °C which causes the milk proteins to line up. They can then be peeled off in strings.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    TIL that Taco Bell Cinnamon Twists are made with deep fried pasta
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    330 people in the US are named Abcde

Basic.

Elementary.