Who has eaten at the Times Square Olive Garden and why?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Carmine's is right around the corner...
  • slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Didn't I just see this question on Reddit?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I've only ever had spaghetti when I go there, but it's so good. I've actually never had any other Italian food except for spaghetti or pizza. Should I try something else? I'm scared to go to Italy, because I don't think I'll like their food.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    cee134 wrote: »
    I've only ever had spaghetti when I go there, but it's so good. I've actually never had any other Italian food except for spaghetti or pizza. Should I try something else? I'm scared to go to Italy, because I don't think I'll like their food.

Try other things!! Ziti, Manicotti, so much more!! I make an attempt to try something different every time I go to the local Italian restaurant near me. I've never been disappointed.
  • cee134
    HyeKarma wrote: »
    I haven't been there. And I haven't been blessed enough to make it to New York. But I've been to the Olive Garden here. It wasn't too bad. I like their salads. But, if I'm wanting Italian Foodz, I call one of two places here. Both family owned. And one of them comes with the grandma, who can yell at the sons..... and it's like very very authentic italian. And then there's another place that's been there since before I was born, and the son runs the business now. OMG. Theeee best calzones. OMG, I can't brag about that place enough. :p

What's a calzone? Do you mean it's a calorie zone. I now spaghetti is a high calorie zone.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    I haven't been there. And I haven't been blessed enough to make it to New York. But I've been to the Olive Garden here. It wasn't too bad. I like their salads. But, if I'm wanting Italian Foodz, I call one of two places here. Both family owned. And one of them comes with the grandma, who can yell at the sons..... and it's like very very authentic italian. And then there's another place that's been there since before I was born, and the son runs the business now. OMG. Theeee best calzones. OMG, I can't brag about that place enough. :p

What's a calzone? Do you mean it's a calorie zone. I now spaghetti is a high calorie zone.

Calzones and Stromboli's are almost the same thing, except the shape is different. They are like much better hot pockets.
  • cee134
    Heres a half of a Calzone I was talking about. And I WISH it was calorie free. Delish!! Oh my gosh. Some restaurants bake theirs, but this place deep frys them. syrbpp9wdbm2.png

;)

0wp8u7xu8yt3.jpg
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Put me into the "there are far better italian restaurants in NY" crowd.

If you are ever unsure on what to try at one. Ask for the Penne alla Vodka.
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    I've never been to Olive Garden .. not sure if I want to go

It's like Red Lobster. I'd like some seafood but not sure if I want to go there for it
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    I understand that they have a delicacy there called "bread-sticks" that are supposed to be very popular.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    I heard their breadsticks are pretty good.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Why do people think they are missing anything? I thought I was very clear and concise about my post. Was I not?

Yes, you were clear. My apologies for mentioning it to begin with. Given your joking nature and that this is the chit chat thread I wasn't sure if you were serious or not, mainly because I'm Italian and make my own pasta, sauce, and meatballs and would never consider going to Olive Garden, particularly with all the fabulous options in NYC.

But, if you go, enjoy! And tell us how it was.
  • fitin50s2
    fitin50s2 Posts: 111 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Carmine's is right around the corner...

This.. 100 percent.

Right next door to Carmines is John's Pizza.
  • ItsNotLost23
    ItsNotLost23 Posts: 14 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I really hope you're joking! If the Italian food at Olive Garden is the best you've had then it's time to try some authentic Italian places, many of which can be found in NYC.

However, given the tone of this board, I probably missed something in reference to the Olive Garden and I'm completely off base. If so, don't mind me. Carry on.

I thought this too....and then i tired the places and still prefer ive garden lolll
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I really hope you're joking! If the Italian food at Olive Garden is the best you've had then it's time to try some authentic Italian places, many of which can be found in NYC.

However, given the tone of this board, I probably missed something in reference to the Olive Garden and I'm completely off base. If so, don't mind me. Carry on.

I thought this too....and then i tired the places and still prefer ive garden lolll

oh my goodness.....
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,230 Member
    I heard they have put many small Italian Mama & Papa family restaurants out of business in Little Italy. Probably because of their breadsticks and all you can eat salads! They are like the Wal Mart of the restaurant business.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    So I'm thinking of going to New York City to visit the Times Square Olive Garden. I think the Olive Garden is probably the best Italian food I've ever had and try to go to one in every city I go to. I would make a special trip just for this one.

giphy.gif

go to Carmine's Italian Restaurant, 5 mins to Olive Garden with actual food :smiley: