I need more runners in my feed.

Options

Replies

• donjshaw1
    donjshaw1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow runners, feel free to add me. I am just back from open Hernia surgery and looking to lose a couple of stones. Currently up to 6 miles again and will build up slowly. Been running for over 30 years, injury aside!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How would everyone reccomend training for a marathon? I just recently lost almost 50lbs and I would like to start training for a marathon. To give everyone a perspective, I have gotten comfortable with running 5ks and can run a decent 10k. I haven't tried running a half marathon yet.

Nope. Half is my limit.... for now!
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Got out a little earlier today to beat the Florida heat... about 2.75 with the dog and then finished up myself for a total of 5.25. A bit of walk/run for potty breaks... for the dog not me! and then just because it is hot I take a few short walk breaks... Hoping to finish out my week with a total of 15 in the books if not a little more... Depends what happens Friday night for a Saturday morning run! LOL! Us runners love our beer don't we! or margaritas, or....

Wow! Nice work :smiley: !! I'm so jealous, my dogs can only handle 1 mile right now, even in the early morning! And that's Mostly walking haha. They are used to dry cold weather, just like their mama. Sounds like you better schedule Saturday's as a rest day :wink: what kind of dog do you have??
  • melluc2
    melluc2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I run ! Always trying to improve and learning more and more everyday! I would love to have more running friends on my feed too, so feel free to add me.
  • RhiAndy11
    RhiAndy11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    im a runner. well i ran lots up until a year ago and then i lost it a bit. im back to it, atleast twice a week, and back up to doing 10km but aiming for a half marathon. maybe november but definitely february. add me :smile:
  • josiereside1
    josiereside1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Got out a little earlier today to beat the Florida heat... about 2.75 with the dog and then finished up myself for a total of 5.25. A bit of walk/run for potty breaks... for the dog not me! and then just because it is hot I take a few short walk breaks... Hoping to finish out my week with a total of 15 in the books if not a little more... Depends what happens Friday night for a Saturday morning run! LOL! Us runners love our beer don't we! or margaritas, or....

Wow! Nice work :smiley: !! I'm so jealous, my dogs can only handle 1 mile right now, even in the early morning! And that's Mostly walking haha. They are used to dry cold weather, just like their mama. Sounds like you better schedule Saturday's as a rest day :wink: what kind of dog do you have??

My dog was born in the south! Unlike me, but I really don't push her too hard... I actually bought her a cooling bandanna to keep her cooler. Not sure what my dog is... she is a rescue... more than likely a black cur mix, possibly some pittie in her, she is long and lean, about 60 pounds maybe... her legs look like a race horses (they did even before running)! I am hoping to behave at least some of the weekend to keep my macros/calories in check... so close to goal weight!!
  • josiereside1
    Options
    Picture of my mutt! Mugys is her name... just turned 3.. So nice to have a running buddy! 8b0im5j0zu5y.jpg
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    @josiereside1 she sounds adorable!!!! Both of mine are rescues too :smile: we rescued one in Southern California and one in GA, but they have spent enough time in the mountains the last year or so that they got spoiled with the weather. Back when we lived in GA they could go miles without me worrying at all! Im hoping that we can get back to that, I hate leaving them at home. Obviously they will never be able to do as much running as I do as long as we are in Florida but it would be nice to take them a little further. I might look into the cooling accessories too! Hey if my high gear works, it's worth a shot for them too. Good luck keeping it on the strait and narrow!!! Congrats on being so close to goal weight :smile:
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    @josiereside1 correction she IS ADORABLE!!!!! That face is so sweet. Glad you posted a picture because I wanted to post one too :smiley:

These are my pups Wick and Artoo (Artoo is the B&W-3yrs old, Wick is the B&T-2.5yrs old) I cannot figure out how to make the phot show up whole, not a attachment.

• josiereside1
    Options
    @WickAndArtoo... their long hair does not help with this heat... one looks Border Collie Mix and the other mountain dog?? What is the furthest you have run with them. I just started my girl out a few months back so we have not gone more than 3 with her. Of course I started out right before it started getting hot...
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    @WickAndArtoo... their long hair does not help with this heat... one looks Border Collie Mix and the other mountain dog?? What is the furthest you have run with them. I just started my girl out a few months back so we have not gone more than 3 with her. Of course I started out right before it started getting hot...

Lol yeah I have no clue what the long haired one is, we call him Australian shepherd because of the long hair and his body shape and face but he is a total mutt. Ironically there is a breed that looks just like him (hovaworts) but it's just a coincidence haha. The furthest we have ran together is 1.5-2 miles, but we really have only ran together a very small amount of times (like maybe 10 total other than sprints). We are all only just getting back into it after only doing hikes/walks for the last year. They get ran separately so it's way easier to just hike them both at the same time, laziness won a few rounds. I am seriously so impressed she can go that far! I wish you were closer to here, or vice versa, it would have been awesome to run some races with someone.
  • dawn423mfp
    dawn423mfp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in Florida too. I run at night, usually around 8. I'm working on C25K now and I am in week 6 and love it. I plan on doing some races after I've got my 5k distance down. Then maybe do a 10k plan. I have a Doberman and a jack russel that love to run, but the heat has gotten so back I've been leaving them inside.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm a "runner" per say. I like to run, but I only really just started in May. Before, I was focused more on lifting, and my cardio would include 1.5-2 mile jog on the treadmill. Mid-May, I decided I want to run a half in December, and I've been building my base and training ever since. I do enjoy running, and would also love to have some runners in my feed. I wouldn't have anything "knowledgeable" to add about a sport I only just started, but I'd love to see what everyone else is up to and even learn from others :)
  • josiereside1
    Options
    I just realized you may not see my runs in your feeds as I don't sync my exercise to MFP because it messes with my macros/calories... Got 3 miles in today... was not sure that was even going to happen because of the storms. I also road stationary bike for about 30 thinking I was not going to be able to run and did some yoga! Total miles for the week 13.
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    I just realized you may not see my runs in your feeds as I don't sync my exercise to MFP because it messes with my macros/calories... Got 3 miles in today... was not sure that was even going to happen because of the storms. I also road stationary bike for about 30 thinking I was not going to be able to run and did some yoga! Total miles for the week 13.

Nice run!! Ugh the storms are so tough, I was going to mention them too. It's so hard to tell because sometimes they come earlier or later than they are expected to! What's the longest you run right now? You can also post your runs manually as a status instead of entering them for calories.
  • JessM822
    JessM822 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Codefox wrote: »
    Runner and triathlete in some order. Add me! I used to be more active here but my feed got boring. Training for Ironman Wisconsin in September so plenty of running right now

I will be in Wisconsin in September as well. Any final word yet if they're changing the bike course? I keep hearing yes and no.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I guess I count as a new runner. Just finished C25K week 7 and going strong. I am incredibly slow... 8.5 min/km and I can walk at 12 min/km. But I keep plodding on! Most of the time I love it.
  • jonathanmoore172
    jonathanmoore172 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, been running on and off for a few years now. Training for a marathon in December and a multi-day ultra marathon next year.
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me. Would love to have new running friends.

I was almost up to Marathon distance but broke my ankle at a Tough Mudder and couldn't run for 9 months.

Slowly building up again.