I need more runners in my feed.

Options

Replies

• josiereside1
    josiereside1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just realized you may not see my runs in your feeds as I don't sync my exercise to MFP because it messes with my macros/calories... Got 3 miles in today... was not sure that was even going to happen because of the storms. I also road stationary bike for about 30 thinking I was not going to be able to run and did some yoga! Total miles for the week 13.

Nice run!! Ugh the storms are so tough, I was going to mention them too. It's so hard to tell because sometimes they come earlier or later than they are expected to! What's the longest you run right now? You can also post your runs manually as a status instead of entering them for calories.

I was doing 5 miles each running day.... slowly building up towards marathon training. Strangely on my phone I cannot post comments so have to do on PC??? That makes no sense! No running since Saturday for me. Yesterday was rest day, today was weight training... back at it tomorrow!
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I would love to have more runners in my feed as well! I currently am only at about 4 miles, and training for a 10k before moving on to building up for a half marathon. Not sure I have the motivation to train for a marathon, but maybe with some of you amazing people in my feed, I will find it! Feel free to add me!
  • krandor1
    krandor1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    you can add me. I'm currently in training mode for dopey 2018.
  • krandor1
    krandor1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    khenik6064 wrote: »
    I would love to have more runners in my feed as well! I currently am only at about 4 miles, and training for a 10k before moving on to building up for a half marathon. Not sure I have the motivation to train for a marathon, but maybe with some of you amazing people in my feed, I will find it! Feel free to add me!

Marathons are tough but with training you can get there.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Same, feel free to add :)
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I just realized you may not see my runs in your feeds as I don't sync my exercise to MFP because it messes with my macros/calories... Got 3 miles in today... was not sure that was even going to happen because of the storms. I also road stationary bike for about 30 thinking I was not going to be able to run and did some yoga! Total miles for the week 13.

Good work.

I know my calories are 1,500 at the moment and will increase gradually when I get over the 10 mile hump in training I'll add on 100 cals, then 12 miles another 100 etc... to a top of 2,000 (LSR days will definitely be a bit higher).
  • Dazzler21
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My training isn't going exactly to plan yet, I need to get my shorter distance runs to a faster pace... My LSR pace is fine, but if I'm gonna hit my 3:30-3:45 marathon target I'm gonna need to change something about my training.

Any tips are welcome!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Dazzler21 wrote: »
    My training isn't going exactly to plan yet, I need to get my shorter distance runs to a faster pace... My LSR pace is fine, but if I'm gonna hit my 3:30-3:45 marathon target I'm gonna need to change something about my training.

Any tips are welcome!

What is your current training plan?
  • Dazzler21
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Currently winging it using experience until I hit this 16 weeks out... (So I need a half marathon and 10k pb in the next 4 weeks during the training for this) :lol:

Then I will follow this:

https://www.chooseachallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/ASICS_TRAININGPLANS_Sub-3.30.pdf
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Currently winging it using experience until I hit this 16 weeks out...
    then this:

https://www.chooseachallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/ASICS_TRAININGPLANS_Sub-3.30.pdf

How many miles are you currently doing a week?
  • Dazzler21
    Options
    Currently 15-20 miles a week which should be fine whilst I am not in the final 16 weeks.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Currently 15-20 miles a week which should be fine whilst I am not in the final 16 weeks.

Increase your speed work while your mileage is relatively low?
  • Dazzler21
    Options

Increase your speed work while your mileage is relatively low?

Yeah I need to get to the track I think so I can start doing 8x800 reps as fast as I can whilst resting minimally in between. This then gives me speed targets to beat.
  • Arctic_Chick
    Arctic_Chick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ex runner getting back into it. Feel free to add me... trying to run 20miles by end of month...

exercise.png

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options

Any tips are welcome!

One speed workout that I really like is to do 400's alternating between 5k threshold pace and marathon pace. The ones we do usually look something like this:

1 mile warm up
    16 x 400s (odd laps at 5k threshold, even laps at marathon pace)
    1 mile cool down.

Gets you used to increased efforts and provides active recovery as HR comes down during marathon pace recovery laps. If you can't hold your 5k threshold after a few laps, take a recovery paced lap(bring HR down) and then resume.

I like the fact that in this workout you are doing continuous work for 6 miles. The time goes by quickly!
  • aimingforjoy
    aimingforjoy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner, currently not training for anything specific. September starts "official" training again for RnR Vegas Half in November and WDW Half in January. I don't follow a specific plan for any race under a half as I keep my base between 7-9 miles.
  • bootyful79
    bootyful79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I used to do a bunch of races but haven't in the past 4 years. I am currently training for my first half since.
  • josiereside1
    josiereside1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Well it seems like Plantar Fasciitis is rearing its ugly head again! :(
  • Robynw2005
    Robynw2005 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've started running again. I'd love to run a half but haven't even got past running 5 miles. I have a love/hate relationship with it. Feel free to add me.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Well it seems like Plantar Fasciitis is rearing its ugly head again! :(

Nooo!!!! Is there a way to help it?