The not-so-secret secret to a happy marriage

Options
13»

Replies

• iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options

Communicate with one another, speak up about your likes/dislikes and it will be all good. :wink:

This is really all.. oh and

Respect each others likes/dislikes. Support each other and make things work when things get rough.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    DON'T KEEP SCORE!

Whether it is what you do and they don't , what you think they should do, what you think you do that they don't appreciate, that they messed up in some way, that you messed up in some way

Keeping score makes everyone miserable and causes you to hold onto negative feelings, just dont do it!!!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Definitely not a one-size-fits-all type of situation. Obviously being physical is natural in a relationship. I just let my wife know that I'm in the mood and whether she wants to or not doesn't bother me. Having a three year-old, I understand when my wife is tired, worn from a whole day of keeping a kiddo entertained while I'm at work, or just simply not in the mood. We communicate these things and if we're not engaging a lot during spurts, I don't let it bother me. I said, "I do", and meant it. I love her and love triumphs urges I can suppress or take care of on my own if needed. I'd never stray even if it were that bad. When it reaches unbarable levels, I'll let her know. Same goes on the flip side. I'm happy overall just trying to make her happy in every capacity.

What a good guy!!!!

Indeed! To be quite frank I wish my husband was a helluva lot more like him.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Don't get married if you don't want to, and don't marry someone you can't see yourself with forever. Mystery solved. 5 bucks plz

inb4 flagged for advertising again

Good advice. I would add not to get married until you have lived with the person for a while or at minimum been together for a few years so you already know what it's like to be with them when the infatuation stage wears off. That's why so many marriages fail early, they think the partner changed when it was just the hormones wearing off and changing. "Turns out only my naughty bits really liked you! Oh well."

And it helps if you're old/mature enough to know who you really are and what you want out of life first.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    People change after marriage, therefore I will never get married. As for sex, if you think your cutting me off...your really just losing your place in line.