Water Fasting...What's your experience?

Options
Hi Everyone,
So recently I've been researching water fasting. Not just for my health, but I also feel very drawn to it for other personal reasons as well. An overall reset lets say. I was just wondering if anyone here has ever done one, and if so, what was your experience? In addition:

How long did you fast for?
What were your pros/cons?
Overall, how did you feel during and after it?
Would you do it again, why or why not?

Just hoping to gain some insight, so that I can make a well informed decision. Thanks so much. I hope you all are having a great day and your journey is awesome :)

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Try a cabbage soup diet day instead.

lol wut

I feel like this comment came straight out of the 80's, or whenever the cabbage soup diet was all the rage. Hopefully, it was just a sarcastic remark.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,221 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

lol wut

I feel like this comment came straight out of the 80's, or whenever the cabbage soup diet was all the rage. Hopefully, it was just a sarcastic remark.

not sure what you mean. It stands for "laughing out loud. What?"
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

lol wut

not sure what you mean. It stands for "laughing out loud. What?"

I was referring to the cabbage soup suggestion. I was agreeing with your response to that comment.
  • rachelpauline93
    rachelpauline93 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When I was a teen, my mom started celebrating Yom Kippur. Without going into details, it's a 24 hour fast. I did it with her every year until I moved out. It was awesome because we could go get an awesome huge dinner once the 24 hours was up, but it was just miserable the whole fast. Hungry, headaches, fatigue...And that's only one day!
    I can't imagine what it would be like for longer than that. I really don't think there are many pros aside from maybe that your stomach will shrink, but that happens when you eat smaller portions anyway and you're not starving at the same time.