Wedding Ready 2017!

Options

Replies

• DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I got married in Oct 2016 but we still haven't taken our formal photos. Now we're moving out of state so we have to get our photos done in September. Can i still join this group? My husband and I have gained too many pounds this year! I need to lose weight for photos...

Wedding Photo Shoot: September 4, 2017

Goal: lose 12 pounds in 5 weeks

Strategy:
    - track food everyday in MFP app
    - work out at least 4 days a week
    - have breakfast for dinner at least 5 times/wk
    - try not to eat anything more than a light snack after 8pm

Absolutely!! Good luck!!
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    @ascheidexiv I'm about 2-3 pounds away from the 140's too. That's my goal for next saturday 7/29 (my bridal shower)

Congrats girl! Now make sure you plan to enjoy some of those homemade snacks at your bridal shower. :-) That's so inspiring that you are right on target!

I got a new scale and now I'm not as close as I was haha... my old scale is like 10 years old and gives you all kinds of different readings within the same minute so I finally bit the bullet and bought a new one. Not happy to see it go up (I was down to a new LW this go around... *rolls eyes*...) but I'll adjust. I think this one is going to be more accurate... it's more consistent already. I'm still shooting to get to 149 by Saturday and hoping the gain I saw this morning is just water!
  • bowsontoes
    bowsontoes Posts: 44 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @DananaNanas my scale did that too! There's a good post on reddit about digital v beam scales at the doctor's office if you want to read about how digital scales need re-calibrating. My parents still have my scale from high school (a good 10 years ago) and it always is 6lbs more than my current, year-old scale.

@FLCullen I'll join you on the no alcohol thing, I usually have a bottle or two split between Thursday - Sunday, but two bottles is about 1,230 calories I don't need. Plus the sulfites always bother my sinuses and make working out harder, and my upset stomach wants grease to feel better. Although I just saw Amazon has a device that removes sulfites from wine. Hmm, that may go on the registry!

My update:

On Friday I got to my lowest weight since starting my new job in October, but then we went to NYC for the weekend and I couldn't resist the bagels. I shot up about 3lbs of water weight based on my reading yesterday morning, but today I'm down 1.5lbs even after eating at maintenance yesterday. I think the heat played a role too, my e-ring is slightly big, to the point where if I'm in a cold room I'll wear it on my right hand, but I really struggled to take it off to sleep all weekend on my left!

• DananaNanas
    Options
    I had my second fitting yesterday and my dress doesn't fit any differently :( My first one was on June 17 and I was hoping to lose a few pounds and tone up by the second. there's an elastic band that basically holds it up under the bodice and it just digs into the fat on my stomach. There's a huge red mark around my waist when I take it off from digging in just for the duration of the fitting. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do if I don't lose weight. It's not going to be comfortable for a whole day doing that :(
  • Arctic_Chick
    Arctic_Chick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had my second fitting yesterday and my dress doesn't fit any differently :( My first one was on June 17 and I was hoping to lose a few pounds and tone up by the second. there's an elastic band that basically holds it up under the bodice and it just digs into the fat on my stomach. There's a huge red mark around my waist when I take it off from digging in just for the duration of the fitting. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do if I don't lose weight. It's not going to be comfortable for a whole day doing that :(

You can do it. Have you tried Atkins? A few years ago I tried it for my brother's wedding in Cabo and managed to drop a number of pounds in a short period of time. Then I ate whatever I felt like at the wedding...
  • andi545
    andi545 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I can do it thanks no iv not but worth looking at
  • DananaNanas
    Options

You can do it. Have you tried Atkins? A few years ago I tried it for my brother's wedding in Cabo and managed to drop a number of pounds in a short period of time. Then I ate whatever I felt like at the wedding...

I haven't done Atkins but that's just low carb isn't it? I did keto last year and I loved it but when I stopped I gained all 20 pounds that I had lost back in a matter of like 2 months. It's just really hard being a vegetarian and doing a low-carb thing :/ I could probably do it again for the wedding but I want to keep the weight off this time :/
  • andi545
    Options
    Iv tried the 5:2 diet how about 4:3 just as a boost
  • stylistchicky
    stylistchicky Posts: 561 Member
    Options

I haven't done Atkins but that's just low carb isn't it? I did keto last year and I loved it but when I stopped I gained all 20 pounds that I had lost back in a matter of like 2 months. It's just really hard being a vegetarian and doing a low-carb thing :/ I could probably do it again for the wedding but I want to keep the weight off this time :/

There are YouTube channles that do vegan keto, so I am sure there are Vegetarian Keto folks, just give it a search on YouTube. Keto is a life style change. I am trying to remember that. I have a several health issues that make me feel I am not in control of my own body. Eating a way my body at least responds better, has less pain and swelling; makes me feel I am in control.
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    andi545 wrote: »
    Iv tried the 5:2 diet how about 4:3 just as a boost

5:2 and 4:3 is just an IF thing, right? I've been doing 16:8 for 8 days now. Wanted to give it a week or two before I make any judgments... going pretty good so far!

There are YouTube channles that do vegan keto, so I am sure there are Vegetarian Keto folks, just give it a search on YouTube. Keto is a life style change. I am trying to remember that. I have a several health issues that make me feel I am not in control of my own body. Eating a way my body at least responds better, has less pain and swelling; makes me feel I am in control.

Oh really? I did it for like 4 months last year and never even thought to look on youtube! I'll see what I can find!
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I gained weight due to pregnancy and I have lots more weight to lose than all of you ladies and am getting married august 19th!.... I decided to lose weight starting end of May. Dropped around 22lbs and started strength training bike. Turns out that my lace back that was at it's max is now at it's minimum at my last fitting July 21st so I can't lose more weight or it will be lose or create a straight line instead of a nice lace "V"!!!

I'm a pear so I lose everything on my back and torso and face and then LATER ON arms, hips and bum (thighs never go. never)
  • andi545
    Options
    It's my bum/hips I hate it's never where you want it to go from
  • FLCullen
    FLCullen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bowsontoes wrote: »

@FLCullen I'll join you on the no alcohol thing, I usually have a bottle or two split between Thursday - Sunday, but two bottles is about 1,230 calories I don't need. Plus the sulfites always bother my sinuses and make working out harder, and my upset stomach wants grease to feel better. Although I just saw Amazon has a device that removes sulfites from wine. Hmm, that may go on the registry!

1230 CALORIES?!?!?! Sweet baby cheesus I have logged a glass here and there but thinking of it in terms of overall consumption really hits it home. I bought myself an adult colouring book at the weekend and I'm going to try colouring for 30 mins to wind down after work instead of wine. I'll let you know how that goes...
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    bowsontoes wrote: »

My mom always said sulfites bother her and that's why she gets sick after drinking wine... kinda thought she was making it up and just drank too much (she hardly ever drinks so when she had one too many glasses one night she got sick) lol... guess she's not the only one though!
    FLCullen wrote: »

1230 CALORIES?!?!?! Sweet baby cheesus I have logged a glass here and there but thinking of it in terms of overall consumption really hits it home. I bought myself an adult colouring book at the weekend and I'm going to try colouring for 30 mins to wind down after work instead of wine. I'll let you know how that goes...

That's a good idea!

• DananaNanas
    Options
    noirelb wrote: »
    I gained weight due to pregnancy and I have lots more weight to lose than all of you ladies and am getting married august 19th!.... I decided to lose weight starting end of May. Dropped around 22lbs and started strength training bike. Turns out that my lace back that was at it's max is now at it's minimum at my last fitting July 21st so I can't lose more weight or it will be lose or create a straight line instead of a nice lace "V"!!!

I'm a pear so I lose everything on my back and torso and face and then LATER ON arms, hips and bum (thighs never go. never)

I'm an hourglass but my thighs are also doomed -_- lol
  • noirelb
    Options

LOL they are for soooo many women. At least it doesn't affect our wedding dress look :smiley:
  • Archcurl
    Archcurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have my best friends wedding July 5th '18 and I'm hoping to lose a lot before that :)
  • ariel1116
    ariel1116 Posts: 555 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    My brother in laws wedding is sept 23rd! It's the first time I'm seeing a lot of my in laws since losing 20lbs. I would love to loose another 10lbs by then!
    Current weight: 207.2
    Goal weight: 197.2

Strategy is to finish my four weeks of my weight lifting program and then find another 12 week program to start.
  • DananaNanas
    Options

LOL they are for soooo many women. At least it doesn't affect our wedding dress look :smiley:

I'm soooooo glad I didn't get a dress that fits tight in that area. I actually liked how some of them fit and how curvy they made me look but I think in the long run I would've been uncomfortable and self-conscious. Comfort won the day this time :)
    Archcurl wrote: »
    I have my best friends wedding July 5th '18 and I'm hoping to lose a lot before that :)

Welcome!!
    ariel1116 wrote: »
    My brother in laws wedding is sept 23rd! It's the first time I'm seeing a lot of my in laws since losing 20lbs. I would love to loose another 10lbs by then!
    Current weight: 207.2
    Goal weight: 197.2

Strategy is to finish my four weeks of my weight lifting program and then find another 12 week program to start.

Sounds good! Thanks for joining!
  • noirelb
    Options

I'm soooooo glad I didn't get a dress that fits tight in that area. I actually liked how some of them fit and how curvy they made me look but I think in the long run I would've been uncomfortable and self-conscious. Comfort won the day this time :)
    Archcurl wrote: »

Yes before I had a baby I definitely considered the mermaid look as I always wore skin tight dresses and curves are great but my wedding dress is size 16 and I could fit in 14 now but when I tried on the mermaid ones I had to go 2-3 sizes up to fit my hips :neutral: ... and would have to have it taken in everywhere else so it's definitely not for everyone!