Calling all short women: let's be MFP friends!

Options
13»

Replies

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I think I'm 5'4'' ... am I too tall for this club?

I feel like I'm pretty little. Add me if you like. Diary open to friends.
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    NR81206 wrote: »
    5'1 here!!! The struggle of being short!!! Everything recommends me eating 1000-1200 calories a day but I just can't do it ... So I settled for 1340 1-1.5# weight loss a week... feel free to add me SW 202 CW 180 GW 150

What "everything"? 5'1 is really not that short, certainly not short enough for under 1200. Your own results so far show you do not need to go that low. Great progress, btw. That is brilliant. You're currently losing close to the max possible safe rate for your bodyweight, wihout going under 1200. That should tell you that a 1000-1200 recommendation does not apply to you at all.

"1200" is just a figure that is well-known in the public consciousness. Doesn't mean it's good or right for you.
  • lkumar2017
    lkumar2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and have 17 kilos to lose. Would love for you to add me. I am new at this and would love to hear how this has been for you.
  • Tiffmomof5
    Tiffmomof5 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Looking for support and motivation. I'm 5"3.
  • Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1/2" and would love to friend some folks who know the struggle of us short ones :)
  • NR81206
    NR81206 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    NR81206 wrote: »
    5'1 here!!! The struggle of being short!!! Everything recommends me eating 1000-1200 calories a day but I just can't do it ... So I settled for 1340 1-1.5# weight loss a week... feel free to add me SW 202 CW 180 GW 150

What "everything"? 5'1 is really not that short, certainly not short enough for under 1200. Your own results so far show you do not need to go that low. Great progress, btw. That is brilliant. You're currently losing close to the max possible safe rate for your bodyweight, wihout going under 1200. That should tell you that a 1000-1200 recommendation does not apply to you at all.

"1200" is just a figure that is well-known in the public consciousness. Doesn't mean it's good or right for you.

Most BMR and TDEE that I use, (except 1 that actually agree I should eat 1340) all calculate my numbers really low, since my job is a desk job. Even mfp wants me at 1200 to lose 1.5# -2# a week. So I played with the settings a little to work in my favor (that way I could eat more) lol big girl problems... But I make up for it by working out 3-4x a week. The internet calls it double dipping, I call it doing what works for me, and yes it has worked bc today I finally entered the 170s!!
  • karmah2017
    karmah2017 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’ and one half inch 😁. This is my first post even though I’ve been using MFP since January 2018. I’ve lost 56 lbs so far and I have 26 lbs left to reach my goal.
    I decided to post because I’m surprised that starting out MFP has set some of your calories so low. I started at 1440 cal to lose 1 lb a week (maybe it’s because of my age, 48) I walk in the evening 3-5 times a week. Just last week I put in new stats as I was at a plateau. I didn’t think I could manage the 1200 cal so I decide to change to .5 lb loss and 1340 cal. I’ve lost 1 lb this week.
    I hope this info. helps someone.
  • sherig_70
    sherig_70 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m 5’ 1” and I’m so in on connecting with you ladies. I’m 48 years young and my calories are at 1,400. I’m a moderate exerciser and this general guideline has worked great for me. I’ve been using MFP (seems like forever) with great results. I’m a CPT and a registered nurse, but ladies...although I know my stuff, you still need motivation, insight and support from fabulous people. Life is tricky if you don’t stay in your magic 😊 I hope I can give and get some of that here. Let’s do this ladies. 💪🏼💪🏼
  • Dessilicious
    Dessilicious Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I'm 5' 1" as well, 112lbs. It took me forever to lose the weight.
    I am a hungry one, 1200 ccal is a mission impossible for me. Currently training for a marathon and hungry all the time. According to Fitbit I burn about 2500ccal per day, but if I eat more than 1500, the pounds start piling up again. People swear by MFP, but it doesn't work for me. I guess I am a hobbit, lol.

Oh, and I am 42 years young.