Skinny School

Options
13»

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    mitch16: I'm 5'5", 133.6 lbs. I've lost from 137 lbs. in a week. I've never had to watch my weight or what I ate, but with age... the pounds won't budge more than a pound or two then back up. I've always been in the low to mid 120 lbs., so to me, this weight is too much.

OP, with only 15 lbs to lose, you should be losing no more than 1 lb per week (some would actually say only one-half lb per week). So set your goal in MFP to that, and get your calorie goal. That is the most important number for weight loss. Then set your macros (carbs/protein/fat) however you want - I'm not going to get into that boondoggle :wink: Be patient, learn as you go, and good luck!
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    mitch16: I'm 5'5", 133.6 lbs. I've lost from 137 lbs. in a week. I've never had to watch my weight or what I ate, but with age... the pounds won't budge more than a pound or two then back up. I've always been in the low to mid 120 lbs., so to me, this weight is too much.

OP, with only 15 lbs to lose, you should be losing no more than 1 lb per week (some would actually say only one-half lb per week). So set your goal in MFP to that, and get your calorie goal. That is the most important number for weight loss. Then set your macros (carbs/protein/fat) however you want - I'm not going to get into that boondoggle :wink: Be patient, learn as you go, and good luck!

Op this is spot on-follow this and you'll be good to go :)
  • Ty_Floyd
    Ty_Floyd Posts: 102 Member
    Options

If you would like to continue the discussion started here on the credentials of various professionals please see:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/40050959#Comment_40050959

Thanks,
    4legs

@4legsRbetterthan2 This link doesn't go anywhere.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Ty_Floyd wrote: »

If you would like to continue the discussion started here on the credentials of various professionals please see:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/40050959#Comment_40050959

Thanks,
    4legs

@4legsRbetterthan2 This link doesn't go anywhere.

Sorry, we pulled it off the boards this morning. Thanks!